Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

One Month today

9 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thank you TS , Dave and Lynn 

Everything you all have said is so true and put so well .

i completely understand the let sleeping dogs lie term as I had done that omgosh so many times that i cannot even count ! hoping that nothing happened etc....feels good right now that I do not wake up to that feeling . I guess i am not jsut trying to work through my self pity, anger and resentments. I have also come to realize i am passive aggressive and hide from confrontation and always hid through alcohol and thats where all that stuff i have been hiding would come out sometimes explosive. 

its a journey for sure . Congrats everyone on your journeys and willing and work to change . I feel that wanting to be sober or cut down is a form of self love ...something i am also working on and haven't had for 21 years

TS,Dave and Lynn :) wishing you a great day filled with strength and love . 

9 years ago 0 348 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Was the site down all weekend or was it just a problem on my end?  Either way, glad to be back!

Junes, awesome job of being one month AF!  I remember when you first came in and you were very down on yourself. I am glad that you are working things out and heading in the right direction.  Keep up the good work, we are all here for you and cheering!

Dave, in one of your post before I was unable to access the site you asked if it was my mind or body that was tired of drinking.  My first reaction was my mind.  Tired of thinking about drinking, the time of day (when I could have my first drink), what number I was on, etc.  but the more I thought about it I realize that my body is tired to.  As of right mow I do not show any physical signs of drinking but know they will begin to show eventually.  And that leads to your question TS, was I having any withdrawal.  Last week I went 5 days AF and really didn't have any withdrawal despite the fact that my daily intake is 6-7 beers/vodka or rum drinks.  I know this daily intake has to stop and actually enjoyed my time not drinking, just hope I can keep it up!

Zoey, haven't heard from you in awhile.  How are you?

Lynn
9 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Junes,

Well gone on a month AF! That's a great accomplishment. Keep up the great work! You know, I think we're all binge drinkers at a certain point, the difference being the gap in time between the last binge and the next binge. Some wait a week and tear it up. Some wait a couple of days, and some just go at it everyday. The longer we languish in the cycle of binging, the more compressed the time becomes between the binges and the magnitude of the binges increases. Eventually it all just starts to stream together. Glad you're taking the high-road (no pun intended, maybe I should say the "level" road) and extricating yourself from the nightmare. If it makes you feel any better I shake my head at the ridiculousness of my own momentary lapses in judgement but that's cemented in the past and I leave it there and choose to be a better person today. No one is immune from making poor choices. No one! And everyone could use some forgiveness and "water off a ducks back" acceptance. You're doing really great Junes. Stick with your plan because it gets a lot easier. We are what we think.

TS, is exactly right in everything she said. "Well put!" 

All the best,

Dave
9 years ago 0 345 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi junes, 

Fantastic accomplishment on one month AF. I can so relate to your story. Just over a week ago I too got totally out of control at a party and only have a very sketchy recall of the entire evening. I don't even know if I upset anyone at all but I can't help but feel at the very end of the evening after the party and when I went back to my hosts home to spend the night that something transpired. Course, it could be a false memory or a confabulation. I'm afraid to pursue the issue...haven't heard anything so...let sleeping dogs lie ya know. Nonetheless, I have now been AF for seven days and plan on staying that way. It's just too exhausting to go back to drinking because I know that I will just continue to get worse.

Good for you that you refused the drink at your gathering. Don't be too hard on yourself, it was the booze talking and anyone that knows you recognizes that. Who really understands where our alcohol drenched brains get that ultra ego anyway? Reproaching yourself constantly accomplishes nothing. Accepting ourselves for who we are and taking proactive measures to ensure an alcohol free life does.

Great job!
TS
9 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi all 

Today is one month of no alcohol. I am a binge drinker so I can go for days without drinking and then have one drink and boom make up for lost time. Thats what happened one month ago. I went all out to black out drunk and woke up to some really embarrassing news about what i had done drunk. being angry mean self destructive...the whole nine!

i am dealing still with the events of my last binge but at least i am sober and not adding on to my issues...because God knows that if I were to drink I will be drinking to forget about the last events and all other events . I came on here on June 8 or 9 full of shame and feeling low....I do still feel all of those but I am at least a bit more clear in the brain to deal with them. I was at my familys house yesterday and was offered alcohol ...I wanted to drink, I was angry that i couldnt because I have a problem. I was angry why ...why do i have a problem and not good for me to drink. But today I accept and realize that that is just my path in life and am grateful i declined the drink regardless of my self pity.

Thank you everyone for all yur posts they always help me, and thank you for the replies. This site is so great and I wish everyone strength and love especially for ourselves in our journeys. 

Reading this thread: