Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

What is the right thing to do to set my goal and to reach it

9 years ago 0 345 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi axandermery,

I'm doing well so far, day 56 and counting.  Hope you are continuing to rack up your AF days. Check in and let us know how you are doing when you get a minute.

TS
9 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys! Sorry I been busy for a long week. How are you guys? 
Hey axandermery,

Just wondering how you're coming along. Please check in.

TS

9 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello!

I would say: information. Learn as much as you can and gain as many resources as you can. There are many things you can do to help make this change. Make a point to reseach, read and plan your quit. The more thought you can put into this the better!

Ashley, Health Educator
Thanks toxicsoul for non-stop replying to my post and giving advice that can help me. I know to my self that I can reach my goal to be AF. Don't stop giving me advice.
Hi axandermery,

Giving up alcohol is a multifaceted process. Best not to have any alcohol in your house when you start your journey. Try to avoid sugar, processed and junk food. Eat a very nutrient dense diet...lots of leafy greens, vegetables, fruit, fatty fish for your essential fatty acids. Juicing and green smoothies work well and will prevent sugar cravings. Certified organic is best as the fewer toxins in your system the better. Drink lots of water. Plan your day to keep you  busy and distracted. Read everything you can about the effects of alcohol on your health. Avoid friends who drink until you've been AF for a few months unless of course this doesn't bother you. Read the forums here as there are lots of shares you'll identify with and tons of good advise. If you feel like a drink, post it here and someone will try to help you. Be kind to yourself. After a week of being AF reward yourself. Reward yourself with every AF milestone.  If you slip, try again

Keep posting like you're doing. You can do this.
TS
Hi everyone, new to this forum and recently introduce my self, I'm wondering how can I overcome my alcohol problem? and What is the best thing to do to set and reach my goal to get sober? Suggestion and advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance

Reading this thread: