Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I*m new but drunk

4 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Oscar, welcome! What efforts have you made to get sober in the past if any? Have you tried going to an AA Meeting or possibly a detox or treatment center? If you are in fact an addict or alcoholic, you may have quite a hard time quitting on your own. http://findrecovery.com/aa_meetings/ is a great place or aa.org is the main alcoholics anonymous website where you should be able to find some help as well
4 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I'm writing this as a drunk man at 25 years of age. I have drank almost an entire 700ml bottle of whiskey by myself in about 4 hours tonight and have recently began to think I am an addict because when I drink I cannot stop until I have no alcohol left or I simply pass out. I do not know yet what I want from this program, but what I do know is that I have gotten drunk about 10 times in the last month and every single time it is the same thing. I can't stop drinking until I physically am ill or cannot drink no more because I am passed out.  I think I just don't want to die like so many in my family have because of addiction. And I believe if I can get advice or some sort of help to get out of this, that will be a great start to that. I one day want to have children, a wife and a life that does not contain me just wanting alcohol because it is "fun" or because it drowns my depressed feelings about not being as successful as I want. I think I just want some advice right now, I hope that I am not the only one who have felt like this and am praying there is someone out there who can get me to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Because honestly, right now in my life there is nothing that gets me more excited then seeing a beautiful bottle of whiskey and knowing I am going to drink the whole thing in one setting and feeling absolutely fantastic afterwards. I should add, that I am a very shy person without any liquid courage and feel like "myself" when I am drunk. Which is the main reason I drink, to feel like "myself" excepts I don't know if being drunk is being myself, I think it just gives me the courage to be myself infront of other people. Hope this is not to incoherent as I am very drunk right now writing this. Any advice to steer myself in the right path right now would be greatly appreciated.

Reading this thread: