Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

My first 24

5 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've gone to see my naturopath. I have a health plan with her now. My focus is to repair some damages the alcohol use has done to my body with respect to my gut and nervous system. It's been 2 weeks of being on the plan. By staying committed to it to reach the desired health outcomes is what helps me stay away from alcohol. I am feeling like me again physically and mentally, this makes me emotional but in a good way. I see all the damage my drinking has done. I'm working on my relationships with those closest to me. Some are not so forgiving but alls I can do is my best. I can't force anyone to forgive me, but I'll keep asking. My heart is broken so I have to find the strength every day to get through this. I cannot see the light but I know it is there and I have faith that our Creator is with me everyday. The walking does help, I love being in nature and being physically active. It's affordable and helps my body mind and spirit get strong. It feels good doing something for myself.
5 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you are making loads of progress! It is so common for people to use alcohol to cope with difficult life circumstances. Don't beat yourself up over it- maybe for a time the drinking did help you cope. Now it seems you realize the alcohol was holding you back from facing some very difficult truths. Your positive attitude despite all this is inspiring! I love the morning walks idea. Are you finding that helps with cravings in the afternoon?

How are you doing today?

It has been a while since my introduction. I have a hard time sharing or reaching out. I have slipped up a few times since then. My withdrawals have decreased a bit so I am thankful for that. I am taking it day by day and don't beat myself up when I do have a drink. I analyze why I had those drinks and move on. What I learned recently is that I can go for days without alcohol. This is something I haven't done for almost two years. Another thing I learned is that I don't have much support with those closest to me. My partner left me and my children are monsters at times. After being honest it and giving it serious effort I felt judged, not good enough and manipulated. I can take that from my kids because we can fix that in time. As for my now ex-partner.... I think I may be better off without and to be quite honest I think he was or the "state of our relationship" was apart of why I began drinking in the first place.
fresh new page
I am working on me, settling into reading, out for early morning walks and planning for other healthy alternatives to take the place of my "nightly lonely patio drinking". what the heck was i thinking?!!
5 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Cheryl, Reaper and Ellie! It is not easy at the beginning as you form new habits and encounter challenging situations but it does get easier and it is so worth it.  Hang in there; you can do this. Posts lots to let us know how things are going. Bets of luck to you all. 
5 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 1 here. It is so destructive to my life.
5 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Great job take it one day at a time I am on day 4
Hi everyone,
I’ve been in bed in withdrawal for about 24 hours. Hoping I will feel better soon. I know I am making a good choice it’s just been so hard to take the first step. I’m here. 

Reading this thread: