Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,673 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

I need sobriety;

5 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Jullian!

I am glad you have joined us. I also find it helpful to know that AA didn't work for you. It may not have worked for you, but I still find in every quit attempt we learn something. Maybe you learned what triggers you or some coping tools? What did you learn in your quit attempt with AA. How can that inform your quit now?

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Julian,
    I am a sober member of alcoholic anonymous since Sept 2006. Yes, I completed 12 years of continuous sobriety which is indeed a miracle. Obsession was the rule prior to entering the fellowship. But, my shrink led me to AA and after initial struggle, started digging into the book Alcoholics Anonymous and had a thorough understanding what they are talking about.
Mind, spirit and the body of the alcoholic behaves in a different way than normal human beings. Had to use the 12 steps to have a spiritual awakening. Once that happened, I no longer obsess over alcohol and so i dont have to worry about taking that first drink anymore and my spiritual malady is under arrest.
5 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you staying sober?
5 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its not easy I have been sober about  a month now. Take it one day at a time.
5 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi. I am Jullian. I am a alcoholic. A pretty severe one at that. I have a background in aa but not sure why it didnt work for me. I am still going through the cycles of trying to quit. I am here again with the small hope that this will help. I took that long test on this website, and it was an eye opener for me. It made me realize how I am actually in a sort of denial about how bad my drinking condition is. I was thinking I wasn’t so bad, but this test scared me awake. I am someone who believes in God, so you will hear me talk about Him from time to time. I pray that I get through this, and that He does the same for everyone else as well. Today is my start date. Happy Thanksgiving! God Bless.

Reading this thread: