Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

First time reaching out for.....

6 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dali,

These are great questions to ask your doctor. You doctor may also be able to refer you to medical support which can help you with cutting back.

Let us know what you decide to do and what you find out. 

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you have time and insurance, you may want to consider detoxification under medical care. Once detoxed, you may want to visit some of the local AA meetings around where you live. My life changed for good, when I walked into the rooms of AA 11 years ago.
6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HELP!
I feel my brain is bipolar.  One part is telling me I need to stop before someone gets hurt and the other is saying it is  ok you can handle this without help after all this is what you've been doing for over thirty years.  

I've taken the first step.  I told my doctors  that I have a problem.  How bad is it?  As far as i'm concern its bad.

My doctor said do not quit drinking "cold turkey".   So, I guess at this point I just cut back.  The question is how to cut back?  Do I stop drinking in the mornings? Do I stop during certain hours of the day? Do I stop drinking hard liquor?  
Need some feed back,
Dali

Reading this thread: