Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Hi..

9 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome justannie & swiss 

You are so not alone here. So many folks ready to help each other..this is an awesome site 

I know exactly what you mean I do the exact same thing.  For years. Now for the last week I do one day on and one off
I drank less... This week my goal two off one on...

Soon it will be all off.  One day at a time

Zoey.  
9 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome justAnnie,

Well you are certainly not alone. I have seen many members start just like you. It sounds like you are ready to face this. It also sounds like you have the ability to focus when you know what you want. Use this focus and determination to serve you now.  How are you able to stay motivated to work out? How are you able to stay focused on your work life? Take some time to think about these questions and use these skills now.

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 348 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Annie and Swiss,
As you see, you are not alone.  I am much like the 2 of you and trying to figure things out.  We all know WHAT we have to do, just have to find out how to do it.  Most of us have failed more than we want to admit and are just tired.  Welcome and have a good day!

Lynn
9 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have heard people in AA sharing that they use to mark the bottle with a pen. But as they kept drinking, they will lower the mark few inches lower but eventually they will just ignore it and promise themselves they will strictly follow the rule the next day. They will repeat the exercise and fail. I didn't do that kind of chores. But once I remember, a friend had given me a bottle of Chivas Regal (1 liter bottle). I polished it of in 2 days. I was embarrassed when he checked to see if I still had it, I had to lie that I and my brother cleaned it up. After coming into the fellowship, I realized certain segment of the people cannot control the amount of liquor they consume once they put an amount of liquor in their body. That explained the fact that I could never plan the amount of beer or hard liquor I will consume, always fell short, only to tell my self that I should plan well.
9 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Annie!!! This site is a wonderful resource. There are tools, blogs, experiences, etc. Further, people/friends on here who really get it. Welcome and blessings to you!! 
9 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Annie

WOW ... I know exactly what you are talking about.  I also have a good job and a good life, yet I love to drink wine at home alone at night and have been doing that for about two years.  It can be all consuming and I actually look forward to it after a busy day.  The trouble is of course that it's destructive.  I'm trying to change as well and wish you all the best.

I'm a new member too, just to let you know you're not alone.

9 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
About me, I'm a 46 year old woman. I have a good job, a wonderful partner who knows nothing about this (we are in a long distance relationship), I'm fit and take care of my body by running and going to the gym almost daily but I have what feels like a secret life. When I get home at the end of the day, I open a bottle of wine and drink the whole thing. This has been going on for years. I know that this has to stop but I don't know how. I'm hoping to find help, advice and support here... I need to figure out a way to stop this destructive daily pattern.

Reading this thread: