Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

15 days and heart break

9 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jewel I'm so sorry for your loss.. I too am just seeing your post... Wow you are so strong. You got this.  If you can go through this difficult time and not turn to alcohol. You have helped me a little more tonight...thank you for that. I hope you are having a good night. 
9 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lynn,
Thank you for your kind words. I must admit drinking crossed my mind the night he left us. But I just had to work through that moment. Hope you are doing well tonight. 

Hope & Support,
J.
9 years ago 0 348 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jewel,
I have just realized that I read your post about your father passing when you originally posted.  It is a little late, but I am sorry and I hope that things in that aspect of your life are as good as they can be.  

Lynn
Thanks mcaodha! I'm still committed to total abstinence. Haven't had a drink and dont plan on it. My sleep pattern is pretty screwed up right now. Hopefully that will subside. Again, thank you. 
9 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jewel just read your post hope all is well particularly around your decision regarding drink hang in there and do lots of self care
9 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jewel,

Our prayers and thoughts are with you. Take your time to grieve and think of all the great memories.  Your progress and determination are absolutely amazing.

You will get through this.

Josie, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is so sad... I am very sorry to hear that. Being a nurse in my daily practice I can see that 'tomorrow is never promise'.
And the way you react is impressing me. While you are going through a dramatic emotional event you choosed to increase your chances to get a quality and healthy life. Not easy. 
Again I am impressed and sad for your Dad.
Regards
9 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jewel,

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes to you and your family through this difficult time. It's a testament to strength of character and will by not drinking. I'll be taking your message to heart and be sure to have a moment with loved ones. Thank you for the advice.

All the best,

Dave

I'm 15 days AF!!! However, I lost my father last Fri night. It was so unexpected. He had a stroke. Then we found out he sustained a bad bleed on his brain stem. And just like that, he was gone. We had his funeral yesterday. The day he passed, I thought about drinking a few times, but haven't since. I have started eating very healthy, and am focusing on loosing weight and becoming physically active. I'm focused on getting my life back. Please take the time to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. Tomorrow is never promised........

Reading this thread: