Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

New and unsure

10 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do well under pressure at work so I hope that it will help me with all of this.  My profession is Project Management so planning is what I do!   I have all 3 assigned by priority so 1 and 2 are first  # 3 (weight) is where I will give myself slack.

I have rewards planned for sure!!!!

Thanks for your encouragement!

Jewlz
10 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, looks like you have a lot on your plate. All of these goals will eventually lead to a much healthier and fulfilled life. You have lots to look forward to! But I do have to say tackling everything at once will be hard. We normally suggest not taking on too much at once but it sounds like you are determined - determination will be such an asset to you.

Since you are determined be sure to keep planning. It sounds like you have already done a lot of work around this but keep at it. The more prepared you are the more likely you will have success. Know your triggers and plan on how you will manage them. Also, since you are giving up so many things that your brain could have considered rewards  try to look for new, healthier rewards. If you feel like you are giving up everything and not getting much in return it will be hard to feel motivated. Plan celebrations for certain milestones and try out new rewards every day you have success. This will take a lot of creative thought and it will be a big change to learn how to feel rewarded in other ways but it can totally be done.

Keep posting. I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

Ashley, Health Educator
Thank you Ashley,   my goal is to cut down to 9 or less a week with a min. of 3 days per week with 0.  I have a detailed plan and if I stick to it, my date to reach this goal (with 2 weeks under my belt) is Jan. 5th 2014.

The hard part with this now is that I quit smoking 3 months ago (but still struggling) and now trying to watch my weight so this is a 3rd and feels like all the good things are going to be gone (or what feels good anyway).   I know it's a lot to do at once but it needs to be done.

Been feeling scared for last few days, but today is day one of my plan and I'm feeling good about it, not so scared (my plan is gradual).   Also, I sent my documented goal and plan to 3 friends and family that I trust to keep me focused and  I have committed to providing them with weekly updates on my progress.  

Jewlz

10 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Jewlz,

First of all, congratulations on coming to this realization that you want to change. This may sound cliche but it is an incredibly big first step. To get started continue to read through the forums. Also, read the program as it is full of important steps.

What is your goal currently to cut down or abstain completely?

Ashley, Health Educator
Yes we can,   good luck to you also!   If we have the desire to gain control it's more than half the battle I'm thinking.   Full support is awesome.   It's tough to find that I think.  :)
10 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You sound just like me...I want to cut down too.....my family is on my side as well and I know that hopes. I used to sneak around to drink but now that I've set a goal, talked and showed my family what I'm doing I have their full support.....good luck to you from me....WE CAN DO IT!!!!!
10 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Jewlz,

How great that you already had a conversation about this with your family, and feel positive about making changes.
You're in the right place to take a thorough look at your alcohol consumption and decide what to do about it.
The Toolbox is useful for that, particularly the drinking diary. The forum is good for moral support, whatever goal you set yourself.

Stick around and best of luck, Sian
Hi,  I'm new here,  I feel weird, almost like I don't need to do this but deep down I know I do.  I need to cut down for sure and I have only just realized since I've tried not to have a drink that I am having a hard time and end up having one.  I don't like how it feels.  I seem to always say to myself, I'll just have one.....

Anyway,  I am aware, finally ( my family is happy) and I hope to change.

Any advice is appreciated.  

Jewlz

Reading this thread: