Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,648 Members

Please welcome our newest members: JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA

Here I am, a newcomer, realizing its time

12 years ago 0 73 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, you will!!!  Hold onto that picture.  How are you doing?
12 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think my life will be more peaceful, organized. I think I will feel and look better, get more rest, relax much more. I think I will have more energy for my son. I think I will save money, and be a nicer person. I think I will do better at my job. I would not smoke, because the only time I smoke is when I am drunk.

12 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hope.

The program and diary are both important tools. Especially if you have trouble pin pointing triggers the diary would be a good place to start.  Also, be sure to use the support group often. In my oppinion it is the most important tool .

It sounds like you really want this. You and your family deserves this. How would your life be different if drinking was no longer an issue?

Thank you for your kind replies.

I have looked around the site, the blog and the diary both seem like good tools. Can anyone on this forum recommend other tools they find useful?

I need to think hard about me triggers. I know its an important part of this journey, its just hard to wrap my head around it all.

My grief is always around like a dark cloud. It comes and goes. 

I have never sought help for alcoholism. I have always had wine with dinners, and in my younger years was a "party girl". But now, for the past year, when I drink, its terrible. And every hangover is energy taken away from enjoying my family. It is also terrible for my health and appearance. I hate it now.

I have never been this serious about it!

Thank you again everyone, for the kind support 

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Hope1610,

I'm sorry to hear of the significant loss you've experienced in the past 3 years.  The healing process is long and grief can creep up when you least expect it. 

What triggers your drinking habits?  Is it connected to the loss of your loved ones?  Have you sought help for this in the past?  

We are here to help you cope, help you think straight and help you to rid of this frustrating habit.

Post with us often to let us know how you're doing.
Wishing you a much happier & healthier year ahead!

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 272 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome Hope.   Recognizing that alcohol is a problem is a big first step.   The good news is that something can be done about it.   This site has a bunch of tools to help you identify your goals and make steps towards reaching them.   We're here to support you.

splitimage
12 years ago 0 73 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Hope.  What a beautiful photo you've chosen for your avatar!  So peaceful and full of, well, hope.  You've taken that all-important first step.  We're here for you.  Keep posting.  Together, we can do it!
Hi everyone
I am a 41 year old mom. About 3 years ago, within a two month period, my sister died and we suffered a stillbirth. A year ago, my father died.

Each loss has magnified my grief. 

Now I am in a position where I drink every weekend, and I hate myself every weekend morning.

I have a wonderful, wonderful son and husband, and I no longer want to be this person.

Its hard to think straight, its hard to cope, but I want to rid myself of this "habit"

Sincere thanks to everyone that has read this

Reading this thread: