Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

yet again!

15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
not bad for a rainy bosy saturday.
we went to a furniture manufacture that went bankrupt and the beautiful stuff ...

i held mes fesse serre and only got the necessary, flanel sheets.
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Wildcat, How are you doing?
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat, sounds like your nutritionist is reality minded.  I've not had much success without them saying eat this this and this and not this this and this.  And the latter are my favorites.  I can see skipping a candy bar but not living without them forever.  I'm glad you found someone who works with you!  And congratulations on your weight loss success!
you know the nutritionist has a nice way with me ... we do not limit me... we add varity!  we add good things 
So I eat all the good things and if there is still place, I am allowed to try to get the rest in! 
Congratulations on your weight loss success wildcat!!!!!  I am struggling with that battle and admire your success.

I am sorry to hear you got lost.  It sounds like you effectively handled the situation. I wish I had an answer for you other than a gps system.  (which I refuse to get).  I don't think because we do something one time, we can assume we will continue to do it, but rest assured if it does, you handle it well!

Congratulations on your success at work!  You are meeting it and it is great when we get some positive feedback to support our efforts at work, at home or anywhere.  I don't do well with compliments but it sounds like you did great. 

Hang in there Wildcat!!!! And keep up the good work!  

my turn, my turn.  the computer is all mine.  my turn! it helps that every one is dead tired.

Well,
I know that progress is a Relative thing.  It is just that I read the books.  I did the exercises.  I took the meds.  I want to be better.  And still I have these therr and four days where it SEEMS like the world has come to an end and I have NEVER know the sun and joy!!!!  And the mood passes, and I am me again.  I am able to reason again and remember that last week I was fine and filled in my charts honestly.  I did the sleeping and eating properly - I am down to 262lbs!!! (minus 8 pounds!)

It is just these small periods where I am Crazy. I cat nap all nite long -wake-sleep-wake-sleep-wake-sleep ... eat at the proper time what looks like the right amout but with too much or no appetite. 

The work let up a bit thursday and friday so the boss got a chance to talk to me.  She know how hard it is for me to conform to the the office and work at their pace.  She also told me that she has seen such phenomenal progress in me in the past 12 months that it was why she gave me the challenge.  And I have been meeting it ! 

Can you believe I got lost coming home today?  4 years following the same path and poof I turn and got lost!  I picked up the kids at school 30 minutes late - thank goodness for my cell and the school # programmed into it!  So not only am I searching for words now  am going to get lost every once in a while???
Rosie, first I love the quote (will add to my list).  Secondly, I know what you are talking about.  I think I posted my boss said have I told what good job your doing lately.....and with tears springing up in my eyes.  I replied, please don't be nice to me today.  geez, I'm glad I work at a mental health facility.  However, I remember those days in the past when my response would have been the same as yours.  I don't know that I'm giving you something to look forward to, but at least you know you are not alone on this one.

15 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys

I know I haven't been there that long but I remember one of the first things I read in Session 1 when starting the program (which has helped me stay positive) is that we should not compare ourselves to anyone else during this process. We are all different and the paths we take to recovery will be different. The people that stay on the site are the bravest because they are fighting the hardest battles and they are still going! That is something to be proud of and not dissapointed about! I think we all have times that we are that ticking time bomb ready to explode in tears at the smallest thing. (Did it a while ago with one of our HR managers- bumped into him in kitchen and he asked me how life was and I proceeded to burst into tears. I scared him to death and he apologised and disappeared very quickly down the passage and avoided me for weeks!).

"With love and patience, nothing is impossible"- Daisaku Ikeda (Japanese peace activist, president of Buddhist organization)
15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

It's important to be as honest as possible when filling in your mood trackers. This is essential in tracking your progress. It may seem difficult at times to distinguish the difference between how you feel, how you think you  feel and how you wish you feel but please try your best. Continue working thought the sessions. Re-read sessions that you haven't read in a while and complete the worksheets.  All these steps are very important.

Don't take offence that some members do not stay with the group.  It's common to have members come and go, some get better and move away from the forum and some choose to do the program on their own. We do believe that it's great to share with us, to receive the help and support from peers and to be able communicate freely and openly when ever you so choose.

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator

15 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wildcat, did you ever see "strangers on a train"? my mother always told me i was never normal, too sensitive and exaggerated everything. my "dad" told me when i was 11 that he was not my dad, that my mom had been married before. so i question mom, who is my father? she says "not the puerto rican". finally years later she tells me his name was ron, it was a one-night stand, finally years later she tells me she and ron actually were both married to other people and had a 6 month affair! when i first went to a therapist (14 years ago) he tells me to let go of my anger - that or grab a baseball bat and drive up to ohio and beat her with it! i'll give your dad the good swift kick in the ass he deserves, if you give it to my mom (the liar and scapegoater).

Reading this thread: