Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Thought record?

16 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi gabs, Good for you for reaching out for support when you needed it. Dumpling, excellent advice! You are right, perspective is very important. The key is to make the exercises as meaningful and pertinent to your own personal situation as possible. Casey ____________________________ The DC Support Team
16 years ago 0 172 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks Dumpling, Could only see it as one thought. you are right, lots of thoughts going on there. that has helped me to put things into perspective. will work on the other thoughts. Thanks again. x
16 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
pushed wrong button... Distortions: focus on the negative, all or nothing thinking, should statements ( should leave the house) does this help?
16 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
the reason you are having trouble recording this as a thought record is that it is really many many thought records. let's try one: Situation: trying to get out of the house: phone rings Thoughts: If I answer the phone I will never get out of the house. It is probably just a solicitor. How dare they call me when my number is unlisted. I should ignore the phone. But it might be the hospital so I have to answer it. Thought to Challenge: why should I worry if it is a solicitor. I will just hang up without a word as soon as I realize what it is. If it is the hospital they will leave a message on the answering machine (if you have one)Does it matter exactly when i get out of the house? Feelings: anxious irritable ( which set you up to yell at hubby) distortions:
16 years ago 0 172 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys, Thought i would try to use the most horrible day as a thought record but cant grasp it. Maybe am just too tired to think straight. Nov 9th Goal.= to get myself out of the house/prison 8am get up, feeling terrible, had a very bad night slept only couple of hours on and off. Take my meds and they make me feel more sleepy. shower and try to dry may hair, the phone rings, the phone rings on and off 11 times this morning. We have a problem with cold callers. I am ex directory have no idea where they get my number from. I am getting very upset and agitated as i cant even get ready to get out of this house. normally i would ignore the calls but I am waiting for the hospital to call me so i must answer this phone. I want to throw it out of the window. My husband phones to ask if i am o.k. I shout at him and tell him i would be if only the damn phone would stop ringing and i could get out of here. I hate myself. I hate being cross at him for no reason. Its not his fault. Now I feel guilty and want to cry. Will I ever leave this house! its now past midday and i have only just left home. I go to the shopping mall. Cant remember the drive. Must have driven on auto pilot. I firstly stop at the grocery store to pick up food to make husbands favorite dinner because i feel so bad about my outburst. I want to go to the department store to get some boots. I get half way there and my back pain wont let me walk further. I sit down and want to cry right there. I dont, i just sit a while and then very slowly try to get back to my car, it takes me almost an hour. I didnt get anything on my list. I feel like my shopping trip was a waste of time. I ache all over I am upset, frustrated and I still have to drive home. The reality is, I did get out of the house. I did buy food. It doesnt matter that i didnt get to the department store. I dont need the boots if i cant get out. How to put this into thought record. I dont know. Its 2.30 am and I still cant sleep. I am really loosing my mind. @ steps forward 4 steps back. Help.x

Reading this thread: