Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I´m a costarican girl in argentina that needs help

11 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Felesfemina,

Thanks for sharing your story with us and writing on the message boards. Sorry to hear you have been going through some rough times. There is a lot of great stuff in the program that can help you along and in the "more help" sections, there is a lot of information on managing anxiety, relaxation techniques, and resolving techniques. These may be of help to you as you deal with life in a new country.

Some of the symptoms you are experiencing (sadness, helplessness) can be signs of depression but they also may not be related. You may have already done it, but on your home page to the Depression center program there is a WB DAT questionnaire that you can fill out as a screener to better understand your situation. Be as honest as you can when filling it out. I'm not quite sure of the Health Care system in Argentina but with the answers to your test, I would recommend taking it to your physician if possible.

Keep checking in and letting us know how things and what you've found out from the WBDAT if you feel comfortable sharing. We we will try to help where we can.
11 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have almost four years here, and it has been very hard.
I have pass a lot here... but I decided to start this forum discussion because I feel I can't do it by myself anymore. I really need help. True Help!
I feel very sad, the worst anyone can feel. People that I thought appreciate me or that even were my friend judged me infront other friends. I reallly hate that ****ing stupid nationalism, people is so ignorant. I have learned the worst lessons here... I feel terrible. I don't know how much I can resist at this pase. Argentinean people are very criticized around the world, and also they are in Costa Rica, even though I have always defended because I have many Argentinean friends that I really appreciate, as well as many other Latin-american friends I have, and some other around the globe; but, after what I suffered last night, I swear I will never defend an Argentinean again.... If this people don't appreciate me I have nothing to do... it pointless and empty nationalism will be their doom, not mine! :(
I wish I could sent this country to the hell and go back to my country with people who has more critical thinking, and forget all about them!!! I feel that I hate them all of them right now, and I really don't enjoy this feeling.
If you want to ask me somethign in order to understand me better, please feel free to ask me anything... I really need comprehesion and support. I am alone... 

Reading this thread: