Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

Now for somthing different ..

12 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Pete, eleveno & Samantha. I'm still on step one, I've been doing my homework. I can see that this is a process, it will take time, and I'm ok with that. Pete, I'm sure we'll bump into each other. My grandmother raised me and she used to say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger", I've been living by that sentiment a long time LOL. My kids depend on me, and their needs don't change if I'm in a bad place.
12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Shadowkeeper,

Welcome to the forums. Take advantage of the CBT program and keep posting. People here are very supportive and the health educators are along the way to help us.
12 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome. I'm immediately impressed by your strength and what you've achieved for yourself and your family despite your difficulties. With the great attitude you've got, I'm sure you'll get a lot out of this site.

Looking forward to bumping into you around the forums

Pete
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome to the site and thank you for introducing yourself to us.  I think that there will be a lot of great help and support here to get you towards your goals.  

There are many sessions here that will be a little daunting at first but contain some great tools and information.  Take your time with each session and take a break when you have to.  

Please post here often if you have any difficulties or questions.  This forum has many members that will be able to give some great information as they have been through many of the same situations that you might face.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Samantha, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I’m 33, I’ve struggled with depression since I was 8, at that point they called it generalized depression, after a car accident at 18 they called it PTSD, at 20 they called it Post-Partum, at 24 they decided it was Bi Polar disorder (which I don’t necessarily agree with, the diagnosis was based on other family members diagnosis’s not my actual case). I have been to multiple professionals in that time as insurances changed, Dr’s retired or moved, I have been on more medications than I can count, none of which did more good than the side effects warranted. I have been off medication and refusing to see a Dr for a few years, I’m just simply put tired of it. Tired of one size fits all programs and treatment consisting of a 5 min apt and a new script. I’m here to take this from a different angle, there is no why at this stage in life, and I’m hoping a re-boot of the base logic will help.

I have 2 kids, I’ve been divorced from their father and I co-habitate with a fantastic man I hope to someday call my husband. He is my biggest supporter and cheerleader. I over analyze, second guess, and my head noise is my own worst enemy. My ex used to tell me I was paranoid, I was imagining things, it was all in my head, 10 years of that and anyone would question reality (turns out he was cheating on me, he was a drug addict, he was taking my belongings and my money). I’m new here, I want this to work, I want to change my mental scenery and ditch the broken record. For me personally I don’t think another MD will do any good. I have Kaiser, my daughter is ADHD, my son is high functioning Autistic (after finally getting a real diagnosis, and real testing through his new school, he was labeled bi-polar since he was 8, his diagnosis was based on mine), Kaiser prescribes them pills and that’s it, actual treatment is only offered at school. The schools they are in are fantastic and they both have bloomed beautifully this year, my girl is the best I’ve ever seen her in terms of learning and social adaptation. My son has friends, for the first time in ages and his grades are climbing. My kids are the light of my life, and to see them doing so well warms my heart.

Reading this thread: