Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Hello...

12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Glen. Welcome to the forums.

My depression also get worse due to stress at work and I have been learning to deal with it. Here the DC program has been of great help for me. I am on session 5 of the program I am already feeling a little better.

Keep posting here on the forums to tell us how you are doing.
12 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Vincenza.

My triggers center around my job.  As a single income family of five, my anxiety is caused by anything that I perceive as impacting my job security.  Fears of losing my job through redundancy, making a mistake, negative feedback, etc.  I'm hyper-aware, as my counselor calls it, and very good at catastrophizing and mind-reading.

...glen.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Glen, 

Welcome to our online community.  It is a great site that helps support members through their experience living with and overcoming depression.  My heart goes out to you having experienced the death of a loved one at much too young of an age.  I can imagine how that would lead to anxiety and depression.

What triggered a relapse this past Christmas?  Identifying your triggers and challenging your negative thoughts is one thing to begin working through.  Take the time to look over the program offered on this site.  Also, continue to post on our site.  You'll find the members here are very understanding and supportive.  Here for you,
Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So, I just joined this site on the 3rd having followed a link from my work's wellness program.  I have struggled with depression and anxiety for more that 10 years, since the death of a sister in 2000 at a far too early age.  She was 35 and I was 34 at the time.  I hit a brick wall with depression in 2009 and was told at that time I was probably dysthymic since 2000 too.  I ended up on medical leave from my office for 3 months and put on a combination of cipralex for the depression and trazodone for sleep.  Except for periodic bouts of short term anxiety typically caused by my catastrophic thinking and mind reading at work I've been doing okay for the past three years until the start of 2012.  The anxiety started after Christmas vacation and got progressively worse and then the depression kicked in again.  As of Friday, my GP and my counselor are putting me medical leave from work and adjusting my medication.

My fear is that this time I'm not going to pull out of my depression and my anxiety around work is just going to get worse.  So, in a nutshell, that's my story.

...glen.

Reading this thread: