Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Hiiii my all friends, i m new please help me.

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Agg,

Get started on the program, in fact session 2 of the program is about goals and activities. Take a few minutes here and there to get started on the program and start working on setting your goals. Know that this process can take longer than you wish. try to be patient with yourself and allow yourself to take the time you need to make progress.

Members, how do you find success with setting goals?

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,

I am starting this programme last two week, but which type of thought in my mind i can not catch it, like nothing thinking. so please help me that How can I catch thought? How can i set goals ?

13 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi agg,

Welcome to our community, be sure to come around often, this is a really non judgemental supportive environment. 

Furthermore, be sure to work through the program, it helped me out quite a bit and although I've been a member for quite some time, I still return to work through certain sessions to refresh my mind and make sure i stay on track.

Most of all, if you need any support, please reach out to everyone here.

Strength
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Agg,

You don't have to call us Mam! Nor do you need to apologize for your English- it's quite good!

I'm sorry for the struggle you have been experiencing. It's great that the medication are working for you. Again, please start the program, as Ashley suggested. It will give you great information and tools. You mention feeling fearful- you might want to take a look at our program in the Panic Centre. (on the home page, go to the More Help button and a drop-down list will appear). If your depression is under control, maybe it is anxiety that you are feeling? Does that sound right to you?

Tiana, Health Educator
 Dear Mam,

I feel better when u gave me reply. Mam, I would like to share my thoughts in my mind last eight years!

Mam, I have done diploma in electrical engineer after 10th standard (in India), during this time in our state one rule that which one done 12th science std and then done diploma they are elegible for Bechelor of  engneering, but now problem create in my life that that rule is change and new rule is any one diploma holder done degree. means no importance whether done 12th or not.
                 Now i take admission in degree engeneer, during this time some parents done case in court that after 10th deploma do not elegible for degree, after this all reading in newspaper i confused and my thoughts changed and during all day i cryed and nothing interest, now when i seting for study in my mind automatic thought produce like someone says that u can not studied because of u r not done 12th science, this thought contonuesly in my mind and i can not read all my study and my head done verymuch pain , i m blank mind.
               mam, after this all my dad consult me psycriatist and gave me all medications, then i feel better but i left my degree engineer and my career stop. mam i have got 72% marks in my diploma in electrical engr. but in degree i m fail.
               mam during these thoughts i have social phobia and in job all are said me u r very fearfull
               mam, during this depression in my mind one image continue in my mind and because of  i m very fearful.
               mam, now in ending of 2010 following medications prescribe me and all of these medications i feel very better and some self confidance return, but i have servive my career. how can i success in my job? my relationship ?
                my medications is Pramipex 0.5 (pramipexole dihydrechloride) (1 0 1 )
                                            Respin LS     (risperidone and trihexyphenidyle) (0 0 1)
                                            Serta-100     (sertaline hydrochloride BP) (1 0 1)
                                           clonil 75 SR   (clomipramine HCL sustained release) (1/2, 0 , 1)
                 these medications working for me,
                mam, during these time all these thoughts are wrong that was i know but i can not manage these thoughts without medications, so madam please help me, i want to healty and fit
                  Thanks for reading these all my poor english but i find ray of hope from this site, so i explain all this so give me some advice.

13 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Agg,

Thank you for sharing your story and support with us. There are many people within this support group that share the same questions and concerns as you.  We are all a group of individuals who support each other.  

You mentioned that you feel you have no control over your negative thinking.  I would like to challenge you on this.  This program will help you challenge your negative thinking which will in turn help your depression.  This program is based on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and has helped many people but it is not intended to replace the advice and diagnoses of a Health Care Professional.  This program is hard work but you will get out of it what you put into it.  Be sure to stick with it!

The support group is also a great tool which many members feel is beneficial to them.  You mention you would like our help and support.  How would you like us to support you through this?  What can we do to help you?

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Agg.  You have come to the right place to get support and help for depression.  It is good to start with the Education part to help understand.  Thanks for coming. I'm glad you found us.
hi sir,
      i want to active member for this site, how can i do? i m suffering depression from last eight years, and i take medications since last eight years, today i feel very well but in my mind negative thinking produce automatic, and i have no control of it.
      please support me and help me.

Reading this thread: