Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Got served with divorce papers...

18 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had it happen to me but it was after 31 years of marriage. I don't know if you want to hear this but you have to struggle through it and it does get better. You know there is saying'"Give up-that's despair. Let go- you are in control." Live your life, hug your child and enjoy the sunshine. There is life after loss.
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi back2beach i can relate with the fact that your daughter is what keeps you going my kids are what keep me going.My husband and i barely talk anymore usually its only about the kids he dosnt understand whats going on with me and im sure he dosnt care either way.I know with my last 2 pregnancies my husband and i were at loggerheads with each other we were sleeping in seperate rooms and all that but after i had my girls we went back to some sort of normality.Then i was diagnosed with postpartum depression now 12mths down the road i have anxiety/depression/ocd and agoraphobia as a result.I am trying so hard to recover but it feels like one step forward 2 steps back.I am going to learn meditation hopefully that will teach me how to relax maybe you could go to a class when your daughter is with her father.Take up a hobby that you could concentrate on when shes not there that way it would help take your mind of your loneliness.Gabbi.
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My husband had me served with divorce papers out of the blue last month. He said I was impossible to deal with when I was pregnant and had decided to divorce me then, but he stuck around for a while so he wouldn't be considered a total jerk. Our daughter is almost 2 years old. I feel so... deceived, dissapointed, dissilusioned, that someone I thought loved and supported me throughout pregnancy and postpartum depression has wanted to leave me for over 2 years and I was clueless! I am trying to start over again, new home, new town, trying to get a new job and maybe even make a new friend, but it is so hard and there is just so much to do it's hard to do anything! Thankfully my postpartum depression is over, but I have been depressed since childhood and struggling with it in therapy and on meds on and off for the last 10 years. Do you think it will ever get better/easier? I used to think so but now I am losing hope. Sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is the love I have for my daughter and her love and need for me. Now she spends 3 days and 2 nights with my soon to be ex, and on the nights I'm alone the depression is the worst. Anybody out there have any similar experiences or encouraging words? I could sure use them. Thanks for listening to (reading) my story.

Reading this thread: