Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Is it me or him?

18 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
what now, how are things going for you?
18 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You need to talk to someone. You are dealing with some symptoms that you can't do anything about. The only thing that you can really do is take care of yourself and your kids. I have just been down a horrible path with a husband that was diagnosed with alcoholism and major depression. He drank to feel better-didn't work. He was always angry and blamed everyone for his unhappiness. He came home, went downstairs and then said our marriage was bad. It wasn't; the depression was. I know exactly how you feel. It is a long lonely road for awhile but somehow it gets better when you let the power go and take control.
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am in need of some advice regarding my husband.I dont know whether i overreact to situations or if he is the one with the problems.He comes home from work has dinner sits on the lounge and thats where he stays until he goes to bed he only helps with the kids if i give him the'look' or i start ranting at him.He dosnt help with any sort of cleaning around the house his dirty clothes sit on the bedroom floor i have started picking them up and putting them in a pile at the bottom of his wardrobe but then he whinges when he has no clean clothes to wear.He drinks alot and is a compulsive liar and wonders why i am always angry with him.Am i being unreasonable to want him to help with the kids and support me when im feeling down instead of getting angry and abusing me.Im sure i have tried every avenue to get him to help me more he wont go to marriage counselling(hes not the one with the problem)so at the moment we are living like flatmates not husband and wife does anyone have any ideas im so sick of being angry.Thanks.

Reading this thread: