Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

Bob's Inner Medication For Happiness

19 years ago 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bob47; I'll try...
19 years ago 0 283 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
unrequited you are right....the stuff that flows from my keyboard onto this site is just another flicker of light in the dark world of depression, another tool, or form of "medication"...i find it fairly easy to take a long walk, to take photographs or to express myself on this site. i have great difficulty in completing the tasks that i am expected to perform as a business operater, a father and a husband. on this site i don't believe we compete with each other. we all carry tremendous burdens. we are here. we are fighting back. we haven't given up. there is some hope. at times i feel like giving up...and i feel there is no hope...but to date i have bounced back. when i write here...i am often attempting to motivate myself, or i am thinking out loud...or i am simply procratinating...putting off essential tasks. well the sun is shining...its going to be a wonderful day. i hope you have a great one. take care bob
19 years ago 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bob47; it seems you already have a built in medication for happiness, and it is coming from your brain all by itself. I wish I could bottle it and hand it out to all the people here who really need it. Maybe you are, and I am just tormented by your happiness. Actually I am not that sad today, but you are so happy it is unbelievable! Sorry to be such a downer...who can possibly compete with you?

Reading this thread: