Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Cymbalta + Wellbutrin?

16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi wickkedkitten, Welcome to the site. Thanks for sharing this information here. Fellow members will be by soon to share their thoughts on this. You may also want to consult with your local pharmacist. They are a great resource for any medication concerns. Casey ____________________________ The DC Support Team
16 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
p.s. my psychiatrist is also thinking of putting me on Lamictal, but says it takes awhile to work (and I've read it can cause skin rashes) so I'm not real keen on this one so far.
16 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, new here. I've been dealing with severe depression and bipolar issues since the death of my fiance' about a year and a half ago. I've struggled with depression on and off most of my life and was already taking Cymbalta but it seemed to stop working (or my depression became more severe, I'm not sure) so after a trip to the mental hospital on an outpatient basis and three different psychiatrists later, my current doctor kept me on the Cymbalta (60mgs) but added Seroquel, Geodon (for the bipolar) and Klonopin (to help me sleep and for anxiety as needed). However, I still have all the classic symptoms with depression and over the past couple of months it got much worse. Last month he upped my Cymbalta to 90 mgs and while it seemed to help me mentally, my body just couldn't tolerate it. I was incredibly tired all the time and couldn't function so last week he dropped it back to 60mgs and added Wellbutrin XL (extended release, 75mg I believe). I take the Cymbalta in the pm along with my bipolar meds because they make me sleepy, and Wellbutrin in the morning along with my daily vitamins. I'm not noticing anything yet, and I forget how long it takes Wellbutrin to take effect. Has anyone else taken Cymbalta with Wellbutrin, and did it work for you? Did the tiredness go away? I'm really hoping this cocktail of meds will do something, because I'm getting frusterated and more depressed since nothing seems to be helping. Thanks!

Reading this thread: