Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Lexapro to Welbutrin to Effexor....

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sharon, Since I've only been on Welbutrin 13 days, my doctor didn't seem too concerned about weening off of it since my body's probably not too adjusted to it yet. I think what I'm going to do though is wait a few days to start the Effexor. I still feel so nauseus that the thought of ANY meds right now makes me feel queasy. Martha
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Martha, The half life of Wellbutrin is approximately 14 hours, therefore when you stop taking Wellbutrin it would be out of your system in about 4 days. The your doctor say that the Effexor will counteract your weening off Wellbutrin. I was on Effexor for 3 months and I gradually increased the doze to 300mg. Effexor apparently has viewer side effects than other anti-depressants as this medication is for the elderly. Try and think positive and keep your chin up. Sharon
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'd been on Lexapro for over a year, and it had stopped working and made me very lethargic 24/7, so my doctor moved me to Welbutrin XL 2 weeks ago. Everything seemed to be going fine, but then I began to get nauseus. It got worse and worse, and yesterday I couldn't even function or get out of bed. As of this morning, doc took me off Welbutrin and prescribed Effexor. I am so terrified of getting sick like I did with Welbutrin, although she assures me side effects like that are uncommon. Anyone have any advice, suggestions, etc? I'm still so nauseus...how long til the Welbutrin gets out of my system? Thanks! Martha

Reading this thread: