Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Happy Autumn!

15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you all have some great goals lined up for the fall!
Good luck, and keep us posted

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
Thanks wildcat,

As a matter of fact, I did paint my whole house one year from top to bottom (ceilings to trim and in between).  It was pre-depression but it still looks good (the paint job).  The decorations ain't too bad either.  Never considered my house my palate!  And as I mentioned, I am quite a Goofy fan  - so I love Goofy coloring books - I'm gonna drag out those crayons and color!  Maybe frame a few for my "Goofy" room!

hi goofy ... do not knock your artistic side.  I am sure your house is not white walls with monotone funiture. 
   It takes little dexterity to string a few coloured bits of glass together on a wire and call it a necklace.
We have all taken coloured crayons and books to give Barbie pink and purple hair with a black bustier ... recently. Ken is hopeless sorry.
  art is an expression of a feeling.   It can be words or colour or movement or sound.  What is important is not the product but the expression.  depression takes away parts of us that are positive and happy.  We lose our motivation and energy.  So artistic expression is one way of contouring the thinking process and the negativity. 

2 cents.
I like the topics to set goals in, however, I find the need to prioritize those goals and never seem to make any in all the areas.  I am doing okay financially as my son helps me with that!  I am doing okay at work and have some goals to get back into counseling.  My priority is my health, because without I have none of the rest of it!  Artistic    - well, I have accepted along time ago  - there's not much artist here - but that is okay because I enjoy doing other things!

As I said in another thread:  I think attitude is the real disability!  I am working on that - here I am!  Education - I want to finish that PhD, but I am working on reading a book front to back right now and a whole magazine article.  Family comes second on my list!

It seems pleasure always falls last - but in between there has a category of "other responsibilities" - like housecleaning and car cleaning and house maintenance and car maintenance.  I think prioritizing helps!  I am scheduling fun things to do through this program, so pleasure is moving up on my list  and I am equating it with health NOW! 

15 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi gang this is my favorite time of the year!  so many new possibilities, so many new projects, The weather is finally co-operating and it is cool and dry (I hate the heat and humidity of Quebec I am a nice round R14). 

I have started parking 10 spots further from the office so that adds 4 walks to the day.
I am eating yogurt on a regular basis.
I have started taking note of the time I go to sleep and the time I wake.  (wow what variations - no wonder I am still fragile).
A small cereal bagel is a breakfast treat rather than a white-fluff bagle every morning.

I am taking small steps towards taking good care of me.
Hi Breanne,

Yes, great idea and great time for all of them!!!

I've been intensively thinking about the option of doing further education since a few weeks. But I'm just not yet convinced of neither: whether it makes sense or if it doesn't make sense... Of course, training is always good. But if it lasts several years, I'm forced to challenge this idea. Something can happen you don't know right now and you're probably without the diploma and also without the job. I just can't show enough confidence to make a decision either way.

How about you guys? What do you plan this time of the year?

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Happy Autumn!

With summer behind it’s time to reassess your goals. Having goals is an important step of personal development. Setting and assessing your goals regularly helps to keep you motivated and driven to succeed. By setting goals you know where to focus your efforts, concentrating on areas of your life that are important to you.

Here are some areas to think about when setting goals:

Artistic
Attitude
Career
Education
Family
Financial
Physical
Pleasure

Let us know how you are doing with setting and reassessing your goals. If you have any questions, ask away!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: