Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,496 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Quitting tomorrow

5 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Im back to tackle this again. I was hesitant to post so soon but l want to journal my quit here...and l have a feeling this one can stick. Im only on day 2 but lm going well. It has surprised me how well and lm waiting for it to crash. I know its going to inevitably get tough. Im using the mind over matter method and telling myself that its not that hard. Im just not doing something that l used to do. Its not the end of the world.  Im getting cravings throughout the day then distracting myself and they pass. Im using the quick mist spray when l crave and its helping me greatly. Im also eating alot and while thats not ideal ld rather eat too much than smoke. Im armed with lollies and determination. I figure time is going to pass whether l smoke or not. I can either waste more years trying to stop and failing or l can tough it out for a while and let the time pass by thats needed for me to solidify a quit. Fingers, toes everything crossed. Oh lm also spending time reading the bible so my mind is immersed in positivity and prayer and its working for my mind and spirit that is usually so weak at giving up. I feel l have more strength this time thats coming from prayer and bible time.
Good luck to all quitters 
  • Quit Meter

$13,816.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 101 Hours: 0

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparrow,
  "Did you post on here whilst you were quitting?" Unfortunately no, I was 30 days into my quit before I discovered this site. I never participated in any kind of community forums before either. I kind of keep to myself. I did keep a personal log of my journey though. Maybe I'll post it some day. One of the things I learned from surfing the net was that when quitting, you should keep some kind of a journal. Something that you can fall back on to learn from your mistakes, and if/when you finally do quit, something to get a kick out of reading later in life. I was one of the lucky quitters. This quit I'm on now is actually my first real attempt at quitting. Somehow I made it stick from the get go. I was bound and determined I was going to do this. Don't get me wrong. For the past few years before I quit, I told myself every night that I'm quitting tomorrow. Then the first thing in the morning I"d light one up.  
Stay strong and keep on that path to freedom, even if there are detours along the way.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,165.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 23

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparrow :)
I'm glad you are sticking with this quit and staying on board with all your thoughts, concerns and whatever you feel is important enough to put down in black and white! One day you will just find yourself forgetting that you you're supposed to be craving a smoke!  And when someone asks you if you'd like a cig, you'll simply say - " N.O.P.E :)" 
Thanks Timbo, lm chasin that light...havent given up. Its really good of you to come back here and encourage newbies even though your quit is way behind you. I was trying to look up yoir posts but didnt figure out how to. Did you post on here whilst you were quitting?
  • Quit Meter

$13,816.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Sparrow,
 We're still with you no matter what. Get right back in the saddle and give it another try. The only way you lose is if you stop trying, then that darn NicoDemon wins. Do you know what happened this time, and can you prepare for it for the next time it happens? One of these times you're going to make it stick, and then you will feel the greatest elation you've ever felt. Honest! Please don't stop trying no matter what. Mistakes happen, weakness happens, frustration sets in. It's all a part of the journey. Each failure should be helping you get stronger for the next time. There is a wonderful light at the end of the tunnel, one day you'll see it! 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,165.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay, I'm glad you changed your mind :) Have you considered something like Champix? I honestly don't think I would have been successful without using it for the start of my quit. It took a lot of the panic out of the first few weeks for me. I tried NRT as well but that was a failure for me because I remained acutely aware that I was still fully hooked on nicotine and whenever I tried to not use the NRT I panicked and smoked. I really learned that the most important thing for my quit was to remove the panic I felt every time I tried to quit. Something to think about anyway.
Awwww thanks sweetie. Ok then l'll stick around  
Really thats exactly where lm at....self loathing every time l cave and buy another pack. And like you said its 25 relapses every time. And l keep stopping mid detox and have to do it all over again. Im having difficult detox too....my body is really feeling it. Ive got a nicotine spray and that helps a bit but its all the other chemicals as well.
Thanks again for your support guys. Im so glad l found a forum where l get some response. It is very helpful. Im not giving up til l get this. 
  • Quit Meter

$13,816.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aww, I want you to stick around! Building that self-disgust was a really awful bit crucial part of my quit lol. It built and built and built until it broke and I was plain sick of myself and my endless excuses for why I needed one more smoke, why I failed one more time. It unfortunately took me 1-2 years to get to that tipping point (so I was in self-loathing or self-defeat for much of that time), but I wouldn't have quit this time if I hadn't reached that point. I'd prefer to see someone posting about failing but keep trying, than the endless one-post ponies around here :P (and for any lurking one-post ponies, come back!)
Hi guys
Your unexhaustive confidence in me is undue lm sad to say   l failed aggggain. Im getting really sick of myself, really pissing myself off. Thankyou so much for supporting me and not giving up on me. Ive decided lm not coming back here until l have some decent time under my belt.  I havent given up by a long stretch but its getting rather embarassing  Still holding the happy dream 
  • Quit Meter

$13,816.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Sparrow,
 How are you doing today?  Have you started your journey again? There is hope at the end of the rainbow! Just keep trying. 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,165.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter