Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Need support

10 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Angelof6!
I can't add much to the advice you've already been given. It looks like the very worst of your quit is behind you. Once you step out of that smoke screen everything in life feels better. Old friends I have not seen since I quit ask, "What have you done?" I feel like saying, "I just traded in a very stupid addiction for a whole new lifestyle," but I keep them wondering. You can do this! It is so worth it! The SSC is a life saver! Stick with us!
All the best!
(still) Cameless
10 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's so worth it !!!! I have always been told I look way younger than I am then the past 2 years I could see changes in my skin. Since I quit I can already see the damage reversing . Health is the most important reason , but beauty is an added bonus ;)
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want to repeat what HotSiO2 said about the program link at the top of this page. I remember doing the exercises and feeling kind of like they were too simple or something. But later, I realized that those steps really helped me to get ready to change. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,361.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 597 Hours: 19

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Missjkh!!!

Welcome and congrats on your decision to quit!  I think that it will be really helpful for you continue on with your weaning process.  I also highly recommend going through all of the sessions in the Program (My Program above) and utilize the Tools, too!  The Program will help to psych yourself up to make this your final quit!  Also, read and learn from your new quit buddies here on the Forums!  There is a wealth of information on various topics related to quitting.  If you have a question, just ask or use the search button on the Forums main page.

It looks like you have started out well on this journey.  Keep psyching yourself up for your days of freedom ahead!  You WILL discover that gaining your freedom will definitely be worth the discomforts of going through the quitting process!  Try to keep a Positive Mental Attitude, too!  Even though you'll be going through some crappy periods, they won't be half as bad if your outlook on your quit and life is good!

We're all rooting for you!  

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,002.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1053 Hours: 4

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome pretty Missjkh

First of all, congratulations on day 1! Quitting certainly can be scary and emotional but we will help you through it every step of the way. To start you will want to go through the program and do a few key word searches in the support group to find discussions that pertain to you. The more information you can arm yourself with the better.

So what motivated you to quit now? What are your reasons for quitting?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome.  You have found a safe place to quit.  The support and information is outstanding.  Know it is okay to be "It's scary and I'm very emotional"

This is not my first quit, but this is my last quit. Red gave you some good advice.  We had a member who suggested a crave basket.  In it she kept hard candy, stir sticks to chew on and other things.  I would add hand lotion (good smelly kind)  it will keep you hands busy for awhile and you will smell great and not smell like you just smoked.  Make a list of why you want to quit and keep with you and one in you crave basket.  I am not sure if you have a cigarette cough, but what I did this time I recorded my cough.  Hard to listen to but it is reality.  I also cut up straws to the length of cigarettes and take deep breaths with them.  I have one in my car .  I didn't smoke in the house, but use one,  Not so much anymore.  

Like Red said deep breaths, ice water and long walks.  

Keep the Quit
Sparky 

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi missjkh.Welcome.
Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking..I was a 43 year smoker and quit so I just  know you can quit too..
Cutting back is a great start when getting ready too quit. Soon you will be so sick of those nasty cigarettes and you won't want one at all..You may even move up that quit day too..Post and search the forums..It helps..Oh I liked hard candy too..lots of fluids and walks. They say most craves only last 3 minutes, next time your feel one coming on try looking at your watch and timing it..You will be surprised how short a actual crave really is..Oh and deep breathing helps too..When you're feeling like smoking instead of smoking take a deep breath and let it out slowly..This is something you do all the time when you smoke and aren't aware of it and that this deep breathing when done without cigarettes really relaxes you...

Well I think I have given you enough information for now I don't want to overwhelm you..I am sure the other members will be along soon with some more tips of theirs that will help you too..

Red...

10 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
20 year smoker ... Really feel its time to say goodbye to these terrible guys!! This is day 1... 4 cigs smoked compared to my normal 20( 1 pack) ... It's scary and I'm very emotional .. Any encouragement appreciated:))

Reading this thread: