Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Brand New Here--

15 years ago 0 289 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Annie Welcome to the group, how are you doing today? Remember to drink lots of ice water it really does help with the craves plus it flushes the junk out of your system.

Lisa

( one of rocks 100 moms )

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 206
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,240
Amount Saved: $906.40
Life Gained:
Days: 22 Hrs: 12 Mins: 46 Seconds: 59

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Er Rock you DO have a 100 moms on this site!!!!!!!!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 165
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,125
Amount Saved: $2,475.00
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 9 Mins: 53 Seconds: 20

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Annie, welcome to SSC and congrats on 2 days of non-smoking.  Post as often as you need to, follow the advice given.  I sometimes feel like I have 100 moms on this site!  LOL!  Not to mention the 100 moms (coworkers and neighbors) who check in on me all the time to see how I am doing with my quit.  We're all here for each other, when things are going great and when temptation is trying to pull us back.  Be sure to reward yourself, as those little rewards help.  And when you hit a big milestone, don't be afraid to reward yourself with something really special.  Look at your quit meter, see how much you've saved from not buying cigs, and treat yourself!  You've earned it!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 62
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,480
Amount Saved: $496.00
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 6 Mins: 56 Seconds: 26

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
KT,

You can got to "support group options" (found in the top right of the forums) and you can go to "personal profile" (same spot) and add all these features.

Let us know via feedback if you have any other problems

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Annie! Congrats to you!
Lucy - LOVED the stinkpants comment.  Isn't it great to hug somebody knowing you don't smell?  Before I quit I went to a new doctor.  He didn't even ask if I smoked, he just knew. yuck.  Anyway, congrats on your quit as well. I, too, had cervical dysplasia...which is brought on by smoking.  I, too, had a smoke after the operation.  Terrible!
When do we learn?  When we are ready to learn.  And we are ready to quit for ourselves and not for anyone else.  If you try for anyone else, it dosen't stick.  At least not for me!

-k

p.s. does anyone know how I add my quitmeter and profile details/avatar when I post?  I have looked everywhere.
15 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Annie :)

I too have had the same view of cigarettes...that they are almost a part of my personality, part of my everyday, part of me...so THIS time I am reminding myself daily, even hourly that they are NOT a part of me!  I am not a stinkypants with horrible breath! 

How can that smoke be our friend when it makes us stand alone outside in the rain/snow/ice/cold?  Cigarettes are inatimate objects that we have forced ourselves to "like" because we are addicted to them.  All the stuff that happened in our lives that we associate cigarettes with would have happened even if we did not have our "friend" to celebrate with...and the experiences would likely have been better!  Not only that, but our "friend" brings about experiences we should never have had to go through, like the morning after smoking too much or that burn you get when it gets stuck to your lip and your fingers slide down to the heater as you pull it from your mouth, or like a couple years ago when I was 27 and had cancer removed from my cervix...what was the first thing I did when I got out of the hospital?  Yep, lit up a smoke.  Why?  I have NO logical explanation!

Stick to the site, make sure you POST when you are having a crave and WAIT for a response - they help!  I've been doing more lurking than posting, but it still helps.

Lucy

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 11
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 143
Amount Saved: $57.20
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 19 Mins: 48 Seconds: 33

15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on your smoke free days!!  I agree I think it is easier at first also and gets harder as time goes by.  It is all mental!!!    My husband is still smoking however I think with me not smoking he is very cautious on his smoking.  He will not smoke around me and when he does he will brush his teeth as soon as he comes inside.  I think when he decides to quit he will quit on his own.  As you probably know it has to be OUR decision to quit!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 11
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 220
Amount Saved: $66.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 0 Mins: 38 Seconds: 24

• Quit Meter

$33,894.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 747 Hours: 8