Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,496 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Kids for Christmas

14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I wish I knew how to get myself going earlier. I did it again today, I planned on going downtown to a meeting and to work out and I couldnt get myself out of bed. I am so tired in the morning. I see the pdoc tomorrow. I have to fugure something out.

I live in trasitional housing right now, since I screwed up and my family hates me. My room has no window and just is plain blah and i cant change it. I need to move, but need a job first and driving would be good too. I hate where I live and who I live with. Thay are filthy and its plain disgusting. 

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

It sounds like you value your physical environment is that right? Have you considered spicing up your current place of residence or working on a special project to improve the mood your bedroom conveys? Check in soon and let us know what you plan to do to help you get going in the mornings.

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance, I can't tell you to look at MySpace or not. I always respected my son's privacy regarding his journals and drawing collections, notes, etc when he was growing up.  Computer age has changed that format; would think MySpace is the kid equivalent of journals, notes, drawings, etc.  
The other thing about looking is how are you going to handle negative things he may or may not say about or toward you.  I don't think you should inflict that upon yourself.  Afterall, you are trying to work on reestablishing a relationship with him.  You could never let him know you read his "private' stuff.  And could potentially put unneeded and unwarranted stress on yourself. 
I guess you can tell I'm against it for two reasons - his privacy and your stress.  Also knowing that he has to have a resource to discuss and share with others; you have us - he has MySpace.

Do you think its wrong, weird or obsessive for me to check my kids status updates on my space? I know it upsets me, my son is pretty open about what hes dealing with. Its hard not to though. I think about them ALL the time. I dont know how not to.
I know a lot of mornings I just dont want to face another day. I want to sleep for the rest of my life. Then guilt starts and I get up. I wish it all started earlier. Rewards would be good if I knew what I liked. Im getting fat so I want to stay away from food rewards. Id get a haircut everyday if I could. IDK its not homey here at all. I was spoiled that way and I have always liked things nice. Our home was beautiful and I miss it too. Im thinking soon when I HAVE to be somewhere it will be different. I never miss appts. Now I have the option of what I do. I do need to get out there and do exposure. Glad I started posting, its like a conversation. Havnt had any lately.
14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

Do you have rewards planned for yourself if you complete your goals for the day? That can really help.  I know it is easier said then done though.  It is hard for you to get going but what I am hearing is that it is really important for you to be productive.  We know the depression and lack of motivation is holding you back.  Do you think it could be anything else?

Members, how do you push yourself to get going in the morning?

Ashley, Health Educator
I wish I knew. I have the intention, then the morning comes and I dont know if its the meds or the depression issues or both. But each day is like a new life, its so hard to get going, to get motivated. Im never hungry or anything in the morning. I know I need to force myself to do what I need to do and I will keep trying. Today I really wanted to go to Chapel. We go to the Salvation Army Chapel and after the Major that was killed on Christmas eve it was important to me to go, and I couldnt get up to go. I go see the pdoc Tues and we will discuss meds again. Meds suck! But as I learned I need them right now.
Lance,

Don't apologize Lance.  What do you think it would take to get you motivated?  What needs to be in place before you can start?

Ashley, Health Educator
Sorry to be all over. I need to make myself work on it. I need to get out of my comfort zone and do the work. I have all these great plans but I never do them. 
Lance,

You are not a mouse.  You have panic, you try to face driving despite all the fear you have.  Those people you see driving are not terrified like you are so please do not compare yourself to them.  Feel proud of every step you take towards driving because each step really is a huge achievement.

What steps are you planning to take in the near future in regards to exposure work with driving?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: