Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Memory

8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want to explain more on how memory works. I will start an information thread. Having a reason to think positive helps. 

Davit
8 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Interesting tidbit: I sang "The Rose" in a couple of talent shows when I was in high school. It still is one of those songs I can throw my soul into. Not much of a singer these days. 
"I fall to pieces". A Patsy Cline song. Linda does a better job.  Some songs just have power. 

Like "the rose", another song I really like. Bonnie Tyler version. 

Memories have power. Memories have influence. Memories can change how you feel and think.

Davit
8 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Favorite Ronstadt song?
45 years ago when I the drove to the rec hall to play pool I used to listen to a Linda Ronstad tape. Today while I was installing it on a different computer it brought back memories like they were yesterday. Good memories, but they could have been bad and still as vivid. Nothing leaves memory. It just needs the right trigger.

My medication is triggering anxiety and there is little I can do about it. only three days of it though. Morphine withdrawal can be bad for anxiety too. 

Davit

Reading this thread: