Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

New Years Resolutions

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To spend less time online which will allow me to be more engaged and therefore more present in the physical world.

Red..
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

Well said. And if this is your resolution it is a good one and one I would support. I do have lists, but they are mental and not in order, I'm satisfied with getting done what I do. Not often happy though with what I don't. Often it is not something I have a say in.
So I will make a resolution and some where in the next year break it a few times. I resolve to live life as best I can and be happy. Not to worry and not to find fault in others but to find fault in my thinking.

Davit
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley, I might need to look at goals for the New Year, since it seems that what I used to do routinely as planning, could almost be missed. I remember reading a classic book on time management by Alan Lakein, and I thought I followed his principles, but now I have all this resentment. It seems I use knowledge against myself, by thinking that what I've learned I should have know before, which is ironic. What's funny is that I read a quote by someone which stated that the most important time is when we're sleeping! I imagine I've expended so much energy trying to do what isn't important. I was disappointed since I'm not sure I can find what I was actually doing at the beginning of the year, and realized, that I do have some of my goals. But what is important, to see progress, or actually be present? I think I'd rather smell the roses, than to grow hordes of them, and not savour their aroma, colour, texture. But there's always this pressure from the material world to do more, get more, be more profitable.
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry, I don't make any. To much like those lists I don't make either.

Davit
10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What are your New Years Resolutions?

Reading this thread: