Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Question of the Day

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Some defeats are only installments to victory.
- Jacob Riis
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs good to see you let yourself relax a bit at home and realized that going out wasn't really necessary yesterday..
Also good to hear you relaxed a bit and let your Mom do a little cooking..I am sure she enjoyed it..It's good to hear she is feeling better too..and to read about the progress you both made over the weekend. Two thumbs to you my friend.

Red..

Davit,
It's the micromanager in me, when it comes to focus.  I developed that way, partly as part of my last career...and me and minutia
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs

That is still a lot but I see some as multi tasking. But more so I see some as activate and forget because like laundry they do themselves. I wonder if like me you do this or are these things that do themselves still your focus adding to the stress load. Take a break for a bit and delegate to the machines, let them do their thing with out your observation or thought. For the most part they will let you know when they are done. Of course this leads to forgetting things like the laundry that needs to be dried and it is night now. But I survive, and better without the stress.

Davit
Accepting myself seems to be paramount.  On Sunday, I'm usually in a rush, but I settled with "monotasking", instead of the deadly multitasking which stresses me.

I accepted my pace, going to church, watering the lawn, doing some laundry, setting up a doc's appointment, renewing anti-virus software, researching a microwave, and letting mom do some cooking for change.  I didn't get to out, as I'd planned, but wasn't urgent.
10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What's important to you today? What do you want your focus to be on? Why?

Reading this thread: