Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Relaxation Techniques for the Weekend

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,
I don't do anything special, but at bedtime, I use progressive relaxation.

On the topic of balance, I wonder if people have a time that they just "stop" doing routine  things like errands.  I just keep going like that battery advertisement.  I was considering changing that so I didn't do anything that was related to an errands or chores after dinner, just so I could unwind.

Only a friend who worked from home(he was in IT, and helped develop the software so others could work from home) stated he was able to "really" enjoy his weekends, since he blended his errands into his week, when he didn't have to commute to work, like most people.   Even taking children to school and back was blended into his monday to friday routine, leaving an uninterrupted weekend
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I like the walking and meditation combo :)  You're getting your mind and body in shape and releasing endorphins.  You feel better and more relaxed when you come back from your walk.  Fresh air is good, even if it's cold out.  I like to meditate on positive things like scriptures.  So, that's what I'll be doing this weekend :)

Shari
11 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The weekends are often a time for many to kick off their shoes and rest after a long work week. A golden opportunity to practice your relaxation techniques! Which relaxation technique do you find most beneficial? 

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: