Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Developing Healthier Core Beliefs 4

11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My last positive experience. 

Mentally telling myself I can do the things I want to do and doing them. Walking, working in the greenhouse and getting back on the tractor again.

It would be so easy to sit here in the sun and tell myself I'm useless instead.

Davit.
11 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The last strategy in beginning to change negative core beliefs is to keep track of positive experiences.

If you’re sad or depressed, you’ve likely trained yourself to only pay attention to the information that confirms your old negative core beliefs and to not see or pay attention to information that shows you how true your positive core beliefs actually are. If you’re going to change your negative core beliefs, you’ll need to pay attention. How are you going to do that? You could keep a positive experiences journal. This can be a life saver when you’re really feeling down and can help with thought challenging.

This may not be easy at first. You may doubt yourself as it would confirm your old negative beliefs but we encourage you to keep at it! If you’re unsure whether or not the experience was a positive one, enlist the help of the support group or therapist to help you along.

What was your latest positive experience?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: