Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Information of Topic

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JohnnyO, Keep working through the program. You'll get to learn skills such as thought challenging and relaxation techniques that will help you better manage this excessive worry. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 138 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The only time I fear obsessiveness is when I experience "WORRY" that doesn't seem to let up and just torments me every waking moment and then even wakes me up from sleep to have a further audience. on a lighter note, I wouldn't mind being a bit more obsessive about housework, I am experiencing symptoms of depression and find it difficult to maintain a tidy household. For example, the carpets haven't been vacuumed for literally months. Perhaps it is obsessive avoidance of doing unpleasant tasks, not recognizing the joyous reward of a clean abode.
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) occurs when anxiety manifests itself through persistent and uncontrollable thoughts (obsessions) or by the compelling need to perform one or more actions repeatedly (compulsion). Compulsions are usually related to the obsessive thoughts that individuals possess. Obsessions tend to focus on: - Fears (such as being contaminated by germs) - Doubts (such as forgetting to lock the door) - Impulses (such as hurting oneself or others). Compulsions consist of actions such as: - Cleaning - Checking - Actions that prevent impulses from occurring Do you have any questions about OCD or similar behaviour patterns? Please ask, share your experiences or comment. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: