Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

New person

7 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Thank you for posting about what you have been experiencing. I can really hear how frustrating these fear are for you. It really does sound like these fears are holding you back from enjoying your life. The good news is you can take control of these fears. It sounds like you are already doing a good job of talking yourself down and rationalizing. I think with a few more CBT skills you will be better equipped to control these thoughts. Have you had a chance to check out the program yet? Any questions so far?
Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I'm feeling better today.  These attacks seem to fade over time, and after having a good night's sleep.  Wish I could make them go away faster than 1-2 days.  I exercise, eat healthy, eat chocolate, try to sleep well, deep breathing, spend time outside, have been going to a psychologist 2 times a month for 2 years  But it's so hard to get rid of the scary thoughts that I have.  Hopefully this program will help.
7 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,

I have had some mild anxiety depression for about 20 years, it was usually something I could deal with and it would come and go.  For the past 5 years it keeps getting worse. 3 years ago I started having panic attacks.  I know seem to have a panic attack every day.  My biggest trigger is blood/ needles/ contamination and sometimes rabies.  But fears are not usually about me--they used to be about me--but now I just worry about my kids (ages 2 and 5).  If we are at a park, and a dog is near by I get dizzy and light headed. So scared the dog is going to escape from his owner and jump on my kids, and not have rabies shots and give my kids rabies...I am fine if it's a dog or cat we know.  I have  cat and dog.

Yeserday my daughter touched a sand ash tray at a restaurant.  There were no cigarettes in it.  I washed her hands. About 2 hours later I started to wonder about other things that could have been under the sand that I didn't see.  Like needles??  I looked at her hands there were no cuts.  Today I looked again and found an almost microscopic scab on the back of her hand. It looks really old.  I don't even think that part of her hand touched the sand, she would have had to turn her wrist or shove her whole hand in.  

A normal mom would just wash their kids hands and never think about it again.  WTF.  I constantly am inventing these worse case scenarions for every day situations.  It always as to do with possible accidental environmental blood exposure or animal saliva exposure.  I just want to stop imagining horrible things, it takes all the happiness out of my life.  The only days I am stress free are the days we don't leave the house.  Those days are great.  But I want my kids to be normal so I take them to "scary places" like parks,stores,  restaurants, preschool, dance class all of these places that should be fun but give me panic attacks.

Reading this thread: