Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

How to deal with tedious work without smoking ?

6 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on how far you have come already!

I think many quitters can relate to what you are going through. They are already offering you some great advice!

It can be incredibly hard to quit smoking when you used them as a tool at work or to destress. It won't be easy to change your pattern but it is important to try to find alternatives. Walking is great! Some other suggestions could be meditation, having a cup of herbal tea, playing with silly putty, colouring, texting a friend, ect. Experiment and find what works for you. With time it will get easier just don't give up!

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi James,
 No it's not weird. It's that old NicoDemon doing his best to make you cave in. Never give up, never surrender.  You're stronger than him and you've proved it by going 6 days now without a cigarette.  This may sound strange, but get yourself a straw and "pretend" you're smoking a cigarette. Believe it or not, after a few "inhales" you'll feel better. You'll have that "old" friend between your fingers, and your lungs "think" it's getting it's fix. Nicotine is a terribly addictive drug, and it is hard to give up, harder for some than others. Hell weeks almost over for you, onto heck week next. Some people say that heck weeks is worse on the cravings so make sure you're ready for it. Before you know it you'll be into blah week! 
 BTW, that NicoDemon will be "messing with your head" for quite a while, so be sure and stay strong my fellow quitter.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$22,996.05

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 765 Hours: 8

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I have 5 days now.  Is it weird that I am starting to think about vaping, even though I tried vaping previously and didn't like it ?  I didn't seem to "get" much from the nicotine in vaping.  I feel I was more addicted to the overall experience of smoking, or to some other ingredient added to the tobacco.  Inhaling fruity flavor nicotine mist just doesn't seem to appeal to me.  But I find myself thinking about it anyway...   I guess "hell week" just messes with your head.
  • Quit Meter

$15,931.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 395 Hours: 22

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I have completed 4 days smoke free.  One of the most difficult things right now is that I have to deal with a lot of tedious work and I relied on smoking to help break up the tedium and keep me focused.  I am trying to substitute other things such as taking short walks but it's tough...   nothing is quite the same and it seems like I am constantly reminded of wanting a smoke.  Wonder if anyone else has dealt with a similar situation and what they found successful ?  Thanks...
  • Quit Meter

$15,931.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 395 Hours: 22

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: