Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,484 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd

3 weeks today!

6 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on being quit for 3 weeks! So proud for you.

I have not yet set my quit date, but know that it's what I need to do. I, too, will essentially be doing it with no support. I live alone so.... it will all be on me to stay strong. If you ever need a word of encouragement, let me know! I'll need it, too, soon. 
  • Quit Meter

$6,479.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 201 Hours: 13

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

I am sorry to read about your health issues. But very pleased to hear you are two weeks quit! That's a huge achievement. Have you had a chance to look through the program? The program contains information that will help you. I also recommend reading the Emergency Coping Plan and using the key word search in the community to find discussions that pertain to you.

What do you think will trigger cravings when you go back home? How do you think you can prepare for those cravings? Hint - avoid, distract, replace with alternatives and practice coping skills.

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello SC,

May I refer to you as SC?  You are most certainly feeling stronger and have two legs up on the quit process since you haven't smoked while in the hospital for 2 weeks and another week out on your own. The secret to stay quit is not ever to light again.  I understand this to be a tall order but this must be done. So at home I suggest staying away from that smoking chair if you smoke in your place or away from your porch of balcony if you smoked there. You need to continue with breaking the connection and that will come with a little bit of time. Relax, breath and keep yourself occupied. Wishing you my heart felt best.. Eat nourishing foods, drink plenty of water and exercise if able. It will come; bless you.

Best regards to you
Stickin to it.
6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Three weeks ago today I smoked my last cigerette. I pray it was! I was put in the hospital for health issues, I haven't had a cigerette since. I've been out of the hospital a little over a week and haven't smoked. I've wanted too. I've avoided going back to my home for a few reasons but will be returning tomorrow! I know my cravings will be worst then. Looking for support? Any out there? This is a hugh change for me. Nobody is really supporting me! Anyone? I don't want to fail.
  • Quit Meter

$15,503.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 331 Hours: 1

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: