Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

E-cig and my addiction .

9 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I cannot find an edit button for my first post. I forgot to add in the first paragraph that my chest pains that made me blackout and go to the ER were not a result of the vapor pen. I've struggled with these horrible chest pains my whole life since I was 10.  When I quit smoking they are less severe and common. When I do quit and have less chest pain, when I do get them, they're unbearable for sometimes up to two hours. This is a glorification thread of vapor pens, not a thread to give somebody something to reference to if they try to make a claim that vapor pens are dangerous. Which somebody probably will quote me on some internet forum elsewhere saying I got chest pains and went to the ER after smoking the vapor pen. Of course leaving out the information in this thread. So hopefully they at least link to the thread itself.
9 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My e-cigarette has again cured me of my addiction. I realized this yesterday, on day 7, one full week of not smoking a cigarette. Yesterday, I was sent to the ER for chest pains that eventually lead to me feeling faint, and blacked out. The tests done at the ER came back negative for any heart damage, blood clots in the lung, or anything else that may be a cause of the problem. I expect it to be just inflammation. E-cigarettes do cause a level of inflammation. I've tested this out myself by measuring the volume of air I can inhale/exhale 24 hours after not vaporizing anything. I always notice I can inhale/exhale less oxygen when I vaporize for over 11 minutes. That's about 24 puffs, in my case thats the comparison of chain smoking two cigarettes which I get about 12 hits per Newport 100. Within about 15 minutes I can almost exhale the same amount of oxygen as before vaporizing. Within 20 minutes I can exhale the same amount.

I sort of figured e-cigarettes causes some inflammation or air resistance just from vaporizing with one. When I first got one I loved it and puffed away at it. I noticed after about half an hour of puffing and puffing it didn't feel like I was inhaling as much. The vapor clouds I exhaled didn't look as thick or long. No matter how much I tried to inhale I either ended up hurting my throat or gagging because inhaling too much of this stuff is just gross.

I realized yesterday on day 6 of being a non-smoker that I had no withdrawal anymore. I smoked my e-cigarette about three hits total just because I wanted to blow some rings and try a new trick. Than I got into the shower 20 minutes later and that was the last time I vaped it. I got out of the hospital about 2and a half hours later and when my friend lit up a cigarette I realized I had no cravings for a cigarette, no cravings for my vapor pen, no withdrawal or anything. I was not ready to give up the vape pen 100% because I liked to blow vapor clouds and do tricks. I think I for sure will be switching my nicotine strength from 25mg per ml to 0. I feel as if right now I don't even want to vape anymore. Its been about 11 and one half hours since I used my vapor pen I smoked about 30mg of natural nicotine. I don't feel withdrawal at all. No irritability, cravings, my mood is normal. I don't even entertain any thoughts of putting the vapor pen in my mouth. I see it on my table with the tank glistening in the morning sunlight in all its beautiful refreshing liquid goodness that tastes fantastic. I don't want it at all. I don't need it at all. Going from around 20mg of nicotine a day from dirty tobacco cigarettes, to 60-80mg per day for a few days than my use on its own without me trying anything went down to about 48mg per day for a day or two, than 1 day yesterday of vaporizing maybe 10mg of nicotine total. Now I'm done with the vapor pen, and have no withdrawal or desire to continue using it. 

And the media and everyone and their mother who are against e-cigarettes are complaining that they can not be used as a smoking cessation device like the nicotine patch, yet it does the same thing, the user just controls the dose per hour. And here I am....7 days into not smoking cigarettes because I used the e-cigarette and I have absolutely no signs of withdrawal. I feel like I was never even addicted in the first place.

So heres to the 9,000+ carcinogens in tobacco smoke that contains ammonia treated nicotine thats apparently the addictive substance in nicotine thats not any more addictive than natural nicotine claims big tobacco and scientists who did the botched research study on that. Good riddance. If I ever meet somebody who is a big tobacco executive they're getting punched in the face. I'll take the assault charge, its worth it. 

Thanks SSC for motivating me to quit. I googled for communities like this before I quit and the information here strengthened my desire to quit again.

Reading this thread: