Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

How Do You Fill Your Time?

9 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used a trick my Mom used for overeating , she always watches a movie at night and eats a bucket of popcorn, to stop the pop corn she had to stop the movies.. I had to change my habits that went hand in hand with smoking 
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Great tips Lemontwist and Working On It and Whisper..Thanks for sharing them..I was running out of ideas..

Doing the jigsaw puzzles really does take my mind off the craves and so do the long walks outside and reading of course.
I am not crazy about knitting but I do crochet. One of my own favorites is gardening when the weather permits...Thats about it..
Well back to working on my third jigsaw puzzle and of course my crocheted afghan which is getting Really Big.. 

Have a great smoke free weekend Everyone..
Thanks
Red..

10 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmmmm now let me see...... Reading, I love to read, especially this forum and all the wonderful posts from past and present quitters. Listening to music, and if I am feeling energetic (which seems to be all the time since stopping smoking) dancing to the music. Singing, not very well...but it's good enough to scare the stray cats away  Taking long walks, this is one that my dog also enjoys too. Baking and trying out new and exciting recipes.
Ooooh and I did try knitting in the first few days of my quit. I've never knitted before, so wasn't sure what I was doing, come to think of it I don't even know what I was trying to knit. Didn't work out to well but it did take my mind of the early day cravings and kept my hands busy too.

Hope everyone doing well and staying strong.  
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Exercise!
  • Quit Meter

$22,479.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 600 Hours: 22

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you don't frustrate too easily, jigsaw puzzles are great. They keep your mind busy and also it's something to do with your hands. 
10 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

For quitters, boredom often is a trigger. This trigger may have a physical or chemical basis or both. As a quitter, you may miss the increased excitement and good feeling that nicotine gave you. Many events may make you feel bored, like taking a break from work, winding down after a big meal, having a leisurely Sunday morning. If boredom is a trigger for you, it’s important to find ways to fill your time.

Members, do you have any suggestions/tips on how to fill up time?

Reading this thread: