Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Score a win for the underdogs.

13 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you HP for all of your past posts. The sad fact of the matter is that although we thought we were smoking cigarettes , the reality of the situation is that the cigarettes were smoking us. The underdog says " no more of it ". breather
13 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SO true!
 Thank you, Breather.  

best, 
HP
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the post breather! Continue to spread your support, encouragement and insight!

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Having smoked the majority of my life the people that know me have only known me as a smoker. With a number of failed quits along the way I wouldn't have been considered an odds on favorite to have any success at permanent abstinance. It's been my experience that the underdog can acheive some amazing things. You may think that I can never quit this addiction because I've been doing this for too long or I'm to old to stop now and a myriad of other reasons. That would be wrong thinking and a recipe for repeating the past. I root for the underdog because I know that it's possible for anyone ( no matter how addicted they are ) to find the strength to overcome. On any given day the basement dwelling sports team can beat the top place team and possibly give them a shellacing if they underestimate their opponent. Being addicted begets great need and being needy one tends to utilise all resources. The underdogs can learn to channel their resources to beat the most debased addiction. Score one for the underdog. breather

Reading this thread: