Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

So close to losing it!

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all...Thanks again to EVERYBODY for the support. Serenity, I don't know if you will read this but you are incredibly intuitive...I have been focussing all of my energy on myself, my quit and changing my lifestyle...Now there isn't just me and it's time to refocus and readjust. I've been stressing more than I even realized. Leif - Huge congrats on entering your first race! I admire you...I would never have been ready in 14 days! The whole process of setting goals is so awesome. I loved my training group, I pushed myself harder than I ever did and I was on a big high for the whole day. I never realized how important it was to my quit until I got so close to losing my quit. We'll be cheering you on! It's so good to know that I have somewhere to go when things get rocky. Thanks again to EVERYBODY for being so supportive. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 217 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1085 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your achievment!! that is awesome, you have done really well! I am just in the process of registering for my first race (2.5k) it is just a baby one, but I only quit two weeks ago and have had the flu for the last few days :( but I really hope it will help me to stay focused on my goal of quitting and getting fit again. thanx for the inspiration !:)) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/dressed/bek099.gif[/img] Way to go Windy, way to go...(clap, clap) Hope you felt us all rooting for you the entire marathon. Whether it was a ten foot marathon or the iron man triatholon, you did it, you should be proud. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,481 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $411.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, Make sure you do run here and post if you feel like you're going to lose it. That's what I do and boy it sure makes all the difference. Plus we're here whenever you need us!!!! Luv, Jan ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,786 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $828 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well...I'm back. It's hard to believe that I was ready to throw in the towel only 4 days ago. (I have discovered that having a whomping battle with a smoker is abit of a challenge as the smoker keeps going outside to smoke which does tend to bring those old triggers back) The GREAT thing about having a whomping big battle the night before your very fist mini-triathalon is that it does get the adrenaline flowing....So.....for 24 hours I believed that I was invinsible....I was a superhero!! I was an athlete!! (Wow...it felt pretty good!!!) Unfortunately, when I went to the gym on Saturday, I discovered that I am really not quite as amazing as I first thought (was pretty sure that I was going to pass out after about 10 mins on the treadmill). This is quite a journey we are on and, I have to admit, that I was struggling for awhile. I suppose once in awhile, it takes a near miss to shake us back into shape. Thanks to everybody for being so supportive...and, for sure, if I ever feel like I am going to lose it....I will run straight to SCC and post. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 216 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,336 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1080 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"And Windy has stormy eyes That flash at the sound of lies And Windy has wings to fly Above the clouds (above the clouds) Above the clouds (above the clouds)" -The Association [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 986 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You rock girlfriend. You have worked so darn hard for this. Everyone here that has been watching you are celebrating with you. Everything else will fall into place. Use that wonderful humor and strenght and anything is possible. Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW, Windy what a winner you are. Congratulations on both counts. Be proud my friend. :) Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 461 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,853 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1613.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 67 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$229,862.81

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6394 Hours: 20

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, Good job! This is a victory in more ways than one! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, Congratulations for overcoming the "negative". Things always have a way of working themselves out. You are doing awesome. Never lose sight of that. One day at a time. The only way to live life right now. Thinking of you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,724 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $810 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58

Reading this thread: