Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,496 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

One of the hardest things I?ve had to do...

4 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ecostar,
 How are you doing today? Haven't heard from you in awhile, and if you are still on your quit journey, you should be in your 2nd month now. I hope you are still on your journey, and I also hope it's getting easier for you each day. 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,165.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 23

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ecostar ! your doing great. 18 days in and you are smoke free, that's fantastic! This is not only a physical addiction to nicotine but a mental addition as well. It's a huge change in our lifestyles when we have become so use to leaning on a smoke every time we have stress or have boredom in our lives. Now that you have removed that element from your life your brain needs to be retrained. It will take some time but each day the road gets just a bit easier and before you know it you will stop and say " Hey, I didn't even think about smoking today".  You are doing fantastic, keep up the great work. You can do this!
  • Quit Meter

$16,056.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 368 Hours: 4

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ecostar
Congrats! 18 days is a big achievement . Dont give up now....you dont want to have to re-do this time. Yes the big challenge is replacing your old addiction with new habits. Time can go so slowly and things can seem lack-lustre compared to smoking but l guarantee you that if you smoked one it wouldnt be all that great. I failed many times and every time l had one l just thought "what did l do that for? It wasnt even that good and now l have an entire pack to get through before l can quit again". Then ld rush through the pack not even enjoying it so l could get back to quitting.
Keep pushing through....things will get easier. It will just dawn on you one day soon that its not as hard as it was yesterday. In the mean time keep trying to distract.....movies are good coz theyre long, funny youtubes, mellowing to music on your bed. 
Best wishes and keep us posted! 
  • Quit Meter

$13,816.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 101 Hours: 0

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ecostar,
 Congratulations on being smoke free for 18 days already!   "During the week when I work is fine bec you’re busy" That's one of the keys to a successful quit journey, keeping yourself busy at the start of your quit journey. No having time to think about not smoking. And like you figured out already,  "weekends are the killer, trying to stay focused, trying to find things to do", because you don't have a plan in place for staying busy. Change up your routines. Try new things, go to places you have never visited before. Visit places that do not allow smoking or go on a nature hike and enjoy the new smells that you forgot about and could not smell due to the cigarettes. It's a whole new lifestyle for you now. I cannot give you any advice about the Champix, hopefully someone else can. "feel like I am winging it every day" That you are Ecostar, again, because you did not have a plan in place, but that's okay....you are doing it. It might have been easier with a plan though. "All I think about is one last puff is it just the craving of the nicotine?" That's the mental part of the quit, the hardest part to conquer, not the lack of nicotine. The physical part, the part with the nicotine, was over three days after your last cigarette. Now its all mental.   Your brain was accustomed to the endorphins that were released when you had a cigarettes, and wants you to go back to smoking. You CAN'T give in. You have come this far, and every day you don't smoke, your get a little stronger to fight the urge. And remember, there is NO SUCH THING as JUST ONE. Too many quitters have failed because they thought they could have just one cigarette. You are a quitter now, a non-smoker, and even though its a struggle right now, you are doing the right thing. It will get easier in time. Have you started a quit journal yet? That can help you too. If you have the time, and even though you are already on your quit journey, I'd suggest going through the "my program" program at the top of the page. It has some very useful information in it that can help you along your path to freedom. Also if you have the time, read through the forums here. There is a lot of great information, tips and trick to help you out too. You might even find the answer(s) you are looking for 
Stay strong Ecostar.

Not One Puff Ever 

• Quit Meter

$23,165.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 23

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

4 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I am Day 18 of not smoking and it’s dam hard work.. some days are easy some days are just really hard During the week when I work is fine bec you’re busy, But weekends are the killer, trying to stay focussed, trying to find things to do I am on champix, I’ve no vape, no patches just these small little tablets twice a day. Maybe someone has the answer bec I certainly don’t and feel like Iam winging it every day lol All I think about is one last puff is it just the craving of the nicotine?? That’s the question
  • Quit Meter

$12,558.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 162 Hours: 0

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: