Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

E Cigarettes with 0mg Nicotine....STILL HARD!

12 years ago 0 55 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley...they are not FDA approved here either...but I do alot of research on them and I found one that contains NO NICOTINE.  It has helped me to the point that I do not even need them anymore.  it is a liquid vapor that is in these containing NO NICOTINE...but I agree that they are NOT FDA approved and it is not something to promote..just wanted to see if anyone else knew of them or tried them.  I did get info from 2 people that did use them and it gave me info I needed.

I AM NOT PROMOTING THIS...just was the way I chose to stop.  I am not 16, almost 17 days FREE!
I am at the point I just count out my cravings now....seems to last about 12-15 seconds at the most and then gone.

Thanks...Debby
Just wanted to share with you my info...

12 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Debby on making it 2 weeks that's amazing!

There is no instant messaging on the program. There is a private inbox available though.

I noticed the thread title to this discussion is e-cigarette and there has been some mention of the product. We wanted to inform members that the electronic cigarettes have not been designed to help people quit smoking and they have not been proven to be a safe and effective nicotine replacement therapy. They may pose risks such as nicotine poisoning and addiction to users.  The sale of the e-cigarette is not legal in Canada. Smokers wanting to use nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) to quit should consider approved and tested products (e.g. patch, gum, inhaler, or lozenge)
Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Debby on 2 weeks, getting through hell and heck weeks are a big achievement.  Hope you do something fun for yourself to celebrate.  I know it can be quiet around here at times but if you post there always will be lurkers to reply hopefully.  The main thing is you have continued your non smoking journey and that is fantastic indeed.
Best,
Ron 
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debby,  Way to go!  Day 15!!  Keep up the momentum.  You have made it through
the very challenging initial days and I'm excited to 'hear' the excitement in your post.
As Luna said, your enthusiasm is indeed contagious!  You have many followers who are cheering you on.

Congrats! 
Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YEAH DEBBY!!!!!

Your enthusiasm is contagious — Congratulations!!!

Now, keep racking up those days and check in often, we're all behind you.

Warm regards!
Luna
  • Quit Meter

$170,246.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6614 Hours: 12

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debby Hurray for youHas it been two weeks already? One day at a time you're getting it done Like Pen says don't forget to reward yourself. Rewards reinforce the fact that by not smoking you're doing something good for yourself. Excellent for you ! breather
12 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Firstly Debby, Congratulations on 15 Days smoke free. That is a huge achievement for you and one that should be rewarded; it doesn't have to be a big reward but a memorable one would be ideal. A musical CD perhaps….

As for connecting with people here; sadly that seems to be a thing of the past. You probably won't believe me but back in 2004 I couldn't keep up with all the threads that were being constantly updated by a regular flow of actively participating quitters. When reading and posting back then, you didn't have time to smoke!!!

Perhaps you can find a quit buddy, here or elsewhere, who is at a similar stage in their quit to you to share with and bounce off – I would always recommend that.

Whatever, 15 days is excellent, don't waste it, don't smoke!!!

Best

Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,639.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1121 Hours: 20

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 55 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I DID IT...I DID IT....  I MADE it past the 2 weeks!  Yes!  Today I am 15 Days "CLEAN OF NICOTINE!!!"  I just wish there was some way to talk to someone on here when there is something going on and just need to talk to someone that understands....any idea if there will be something..like Instant Messaging on here?  I have had a few hard times but I HAVE DONE IT!  THANKS TO MY NO SMOKING BUDDIES!   
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DEBBY !!!
12 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MILESTONE ALERT DEBBYP!!

- 10 Days

- Double Figures

- Reward Time!!

DO IT!!!

• Quit Meter

$56,639.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter