Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

quitting again...........hopefuly this time for good

13 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/23/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 6
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 60
Amount Saved: $17.70
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 10 Mins: 49 Seconds: 18

13 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's one of the keys to success, Anjel!!!  Read and learn and plan ahead what you are going to do when that nico-demon starts to attack!!!  What will you do when you have to run into that convenience store to pay for gas and those damn cigarettes are staring you in the face???  I'm telling ya, if you have got your plan down, you are so much closer to success! 

Keep on kicking ash!!!

Jim

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 814
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,350
Amount Saved: $3,357.75
Life Gained:
Days: 140 Hrs: 6 Mins: 14 Seconds: 31

• Quit Meter

$44,212.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 2

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Aww Thanks a bunch for all of your support, advice and acceptance.

Thanks for the boost Jim...6 P's.too funny ...lmao.

I can relate on trying to quit or cut down.  One smoke really does lead to another.  Thanks for the advice memie and every one elses suggestions I will incorporate them into my quit.

No, sorry, I copy/pasted my avatar from google.  No artistic talent here Serenity  ...

My Mileage:

Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20
Amount Saved: $5.90
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 4 Mins: 37 Seconds: 44

13 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Anjel! Welcome to SSC- I am sure you'll find all the support you need right here, and we love a success story too! I am 100% convinced that the support I received from the group was so important to my quit, it was so good to be able to come here and get some inspiration- so welcome again, I look forward to sharing the journey with you.
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 745
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 18,625
Amount Saved: $11,175.00
Life Gained:
Days: 90 Hrs: 23 Mins: 26 Seconds: 2

13 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Anjel!!!

Welcome to the SSC!!!   One thing that is different from your other quits is that you have a whole bunch of new quit buddies that will always be here to help you through your craves, your lows and your highs!  Try to lighten your load by transferring it to us!  We all have strong backs and shoulders!  

You can learn a LOT going through the milestones in the Program, which will help you with your planning!!!  Just remember the 6 P's... Proper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance!!!  Your performance goal is to attain freedom, so plan, plan, plan!!!  Special emphasis on needs to be made on planning what coping mechanisms you will have for the triggers that you will encounter!  Check out all of the above tabs and utilize all of the information that you think will help! 

Stick close these first few weeks and read and learn from everyone's experiences that have been posted on these forums!  Like Rock said, there is a wealth of information here and the search function works really well!

Last but not least...  Positive Mental Attitude (PMA)!!!  Keep telling yourself that you  CAN  do this and that nothing is going to stop you from achieving your goal!  In my mind, I considered this a war against the nico-demon!  I told myself that I was  NOT  going to lose even one battle!!!  I wanted this quit more than anything else in the world, so dog-gone it, I did it!  Having this kind of PMA and maintaining it for the first few days and weeks makes a huge difference!

Jim

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 811
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,275
Amount Saved: $3,345.38
Life Gained:
Days: 139 Hrs: 16 Mins: 51 Seconds: 6

• Quit Meter

$44,212.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 2

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 242 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Angel and welcome to SSC  this is the best decision you could ever make.  Your lucky because you have an advantage over a lot of us and that is your age. Do try to motivate yourself to stay quit, it does take a lot of will power.  Drink lots of cold water, take deep breaths and excersice. I quit cold turkey and for myself it was the best way.  During all my quits I have learned that I can never have a puff cause one puff leads to another puff and next thing you know your smoking again.....So Angel lots of self talk and good luck, I do hope you succeed .......
Memie      

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 1/25/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 120
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,200
Amount Saved: $480.00
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 16 Mins: 38 Seconds: 38

13 years ago 0 134 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi anjel,

Welcome to the site and congrats on making the decision to quit smoking! Good on ya! Yes, the quit meter is a hugeeeee motivation! Watch your stats go up, up and up and smile! I like your avatar, did you draw this yourself?

Serenity

13 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
anjel
congrats on two days , that's a great start. practice deep breathing , drink lots of water and have fun being a quitter.

great to have you on the team.
mike/astrofan

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 804
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 24,120
Amount Saved: $7,236.00
Life Gained:
Days: 138 Hrs: 10 Mins: 58 Seconds: 34

Thanks so much!  I am so glad I found this site and have finished reading and quizzing on the three milestones, it was a real awakening to read the health disadvantges that put me on the right path.  Also, I have never done a person to person or online support group, I am pretty confident in my quit....with all of your support.  I'm amazed when reading all your quit meters....I will be there someday.  Congratulations is well deserved 
My Mileage:

Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10
Amount Saved: $2.95
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 3 Mins: 5 Seconds: 15

13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anjel,

What have you learned from your last attempts to quit smoking.  What were your triggers? What helped you stay motivated before?  Use this knowledge to help you in this quit.  I know you can go this!

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: