Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Think i found this site just at the right time!!!!!!!

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, Smpokey!   Keep in contact with the members and think hard about changing your life style and eating habits also... quitting smoking begs the question about quitting the bad habits of a life time of eating badly (unhealthily)..

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 162
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,050
Amount Saved: $1,822.50
Life Gained:
Days: 30 Hrs: 3 Mins: 48 Seconds: 22

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing today smokey jo?
Please keep us posted and let us know!

Breanne
15 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you,   sounds like you are doing better... and you have the inhaler...

Hang in there just remember  NOPE   Not one puff ever.. you can do it..  keep an eye on your quit meter
and stay focused.

It really gets easier.
Bonnie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 139
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,363
Amount Saved: $472.60
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 20 Mins: 59 Seconds: 14

15 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone, thank you so much for all the lovely comments and making me feel welcome it has made such a difference to know that i am not alone with this!! I decided today to buy a nicotine inhaler....had enough of the crying, being vile to my family etc and am pleased to report have had a fab day, and the cravings have not been to drastic either....and i was in the company of another smoker at one point too and that wasnt too bad, although dont want to lull myself into that false sense of security too soon!
Well am just off to sleep now and yippee have made it thru day four!!! Fingers crossed for another good day tomorrow, Thanks again for the support and will deft be back real soon. take care everyone, jo

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/24/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 75
Amount Saved: �3.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 7 Mins: 7 Seconds: 45

15 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the site! Hope to see you back again! It really helps to come here often for advice or to just vent. There is so much support and help here, it's great, I can honestly say that I could not have done it with out this site.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/7/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 172
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,096
Amount Saved: $1,207.44
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 14 Mins: 27 Seconds: 40

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smokey jo,

Welcome to our support community. You've come to the right place if you're in need of a boost, support, guidance and information. Please make yourself comfortable with the site by browsing all the great tools and resources available to you. We understand this is a tough time, so please come post as often as you would like, tell us how your feeling and take part in the discussions to help ease this transition.

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smokey Jo and welcome! three days is fantastic- well done- and you know what? it doesnt seem a second since my meter read '3 days' and now look at it!
Please stay with this site- its been my saviour right from the start- just to read how others have felt exactly the same as the stuff you're going through is an enormous help and relief.
You will get there Jo and we are all behind you willing you to succeed.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 48
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,200
Amount Saved: $720.00
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 16 Mins: 32 Seconds: 2

15 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smokey Jo,
Well, it seems through all those "Panic" urges, you can now talk about it with a sense of humor!..the contents of your closet on the floor! HA!  Well, don't feel bad. When I used to get those panic urges I would extend my search to the trash or any public ashtray I could find with some nice Long butts...ughhhh. When I think of smoking, I think of those nightmarish times. Get your quit meter going so you can see the days add up...Be a hermit for a while if you need to; take alot of hot baths with aromatherapy, go for walks, go to the library, the movies, ride a bike; do some activities that you do not normally do...read a book!  Do not feel guilty about indulging yourself a little these first two weeks. You are going through a hugh lifestyle change. Sleep as much as you can and read and post here on SCC...doing the program here will also keep you busy. Hang in there. YOu will be sooooo glad that you did. NOPE.

new me 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/26/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 398
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,950
Amount Saved: $2,487.50
Life Gained:
Days: 55 Hrs: 12 Mins: 15 Seconds: 0

15 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey Jo,

We have all been where you are.  Trust me.  We understand.  Take some really deep breaths and don't be too hard on yourself.  This time passes.  You can do it.  You have found the right place.  The people and support here is awesome.  You will find understanding here.  Those who haven't been through it really don't understand.  You are doing a great thing.  Keep going!

Lady

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/1/2005
Smoke-Free Days: 1091
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 21,820
Amount Saved: $3,873.05
Life Gained:
Days: 101 Hrs: 1 Mins: 1 Seconds: 50

15 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, you have found the right site. Quiting is a personal journey.  You can do anything you set your mind too. There is a world of information on this site and education is the key. READ, READ, and READ. I am proof that it can be done.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/4/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 358
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,160
Amount Saved: $1,432.00
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 5 Mins: 46 Seconds: 15

Reading this thread: