Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,496 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Day 1 going cold turkey but I'm back

16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kayla, I saw you post this morning and I wasn't able to log in an post :( Sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time. Take time to regroup and join us when you're ready. ((Hugs)), Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $435.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I blew it again and won't be posting for a while. I guess I'm just not ready yet and have so many stresses. It's an excuse I know but when I have surgery I will try again. I should know this week when that will be. Anyway all of you take care and keep up the quit. Someday soon I'll be back. Thanks for all your kind words and support!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How's it going today Kayla? I hope it's easier today than yesterday... I also blew my 7 month quit last year and have only just re-quit yesterday - the fact you have got right back to yr quit is great - just hang in there - we're all rooting for ya!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back, kayla. I'm so happy to see you. It doesn't matter that you fell, it matters that you got back up & we're all proud of you for it. You know you can do this, you know how & you know where to find help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $429.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kayla, I know it seems very frustrating to "blow" a 70 day quit. I did the same last year with a 85 day quit. However, look at it this way, you didn't go completely back to smoking like I did. I waited 6 months before finally quitting again. You had the strength and determination to do it immediately. I can tell that this time my quit is for good. It also has been the easiest (except Hell week and I never want to go thru that again). I also have taken up exercising regularly (jogging--albeit very sloooow) which has really helped me not think about smoking. In fact, I can honestly say that I go all day sometimes without a single thought of one. Hang in there, the first time wasn't a failure. It was to help you understand the addiction and this quit you will finally conquer it. Bart [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $855.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Thanks for the encouragement. Well it's 7pm I had a nap and now cooking dinner. I'm craving hard but I know it will pass. I feel totally ditzy and in la la land. I got emotional a few times at work today and told my boss I quit smoking again. He was very understanding and encouraging. He walked in with me yelling at the computer that I was going to punch it. HA! HA! Hate it when they freeze up on you!!Tomorrow is going to be a nightmare at work, we are so busy and nonstop changes to orders. I will try to post during lunch break and check in. Thanks everyone for your help!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Kayla! You know the drills, but try to find something that will make time pass fast, a really good book, or a really good movie to watch over & over, something to make the next few days disappear real quick for you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,139.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah - time does drag, doesn't it? But the thing to remember is that even if it's dragging, it's still moving forward. Time doesn't stop. Today will pass. Hang onto that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
can this day go any slower???? It has been nonstop and feel like it should be 10pm and it's only 3:00 pm. 1 more hour to go and home and sleep. Now I'm getting the dreaded headache. I feel icky but I know it's all part of withddrawal. Thanks for the support!!! I feel like a human water balloon:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done. I've been having difficulty working too - I keep losing track and forgetting what I'm supposed to be doing next... but it will all be worth it in the end and hopefully you won't have to go through this ever again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51

Reading this thread: