Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Chantix make you sick?

17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank everyone for your comments! I agree, at this point in time, I'd rather be nauseous then smoke. I just wondered if this was a normal symptom. I'm soooo happy I've finally made it to this point. Today is only my 6th day smoke free, but you have to start somewhere, right. The dreams are insane! I actually like them. Is that wierd? Very action packed and I feel very rested when I wake up. Thank you all SO much for your support!
17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I took Chantix for 3 weeks, but after that I couldn't get past the nausea any longer. I tried taking it at all different times but I felt awful and had NO energy so I had to stop taking it. I continued with the quit though. Good luck!!! When you get right down to it, if you REALLY want to quit you can do it no matter what you are taking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 721 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$227,025.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5324 Hours: 10

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chantix was a great help to me! It did take me a few weeks to get accustom to it, after that I was fine. I will be finishing my 12th week next week. The worst week was the first week that I was taking both pills. Taking them with a full glass of water and food made a big difference. By the third or fouth week I did not have any problems. Best wishes and keep up the good work. It is really worth it. I feel great to be free of smoking! Rose [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,547 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $304.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$435,888.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5576 Hours: 3

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Iam also taking chantix and when I started on the 2mg a day ,I also got a upset stomach.I cut back to a morning pill only,seems to work for me.
17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello ToxinFree, I started the Chantix and did it for a week. I couldn't get by the nausea, so on the 7th day of taking it (the day you are supposed to quit smoking), I stopped taking it. I am glad I used it for the week leading up to my quit since it did make me not want to smoke. Hang in there, the key to success isn't the medication, it is your desire to quit. Bart
17 years ago 0 106 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome Toxinfree1, I'm a Chantix user, day 5 smoke free too! Never got nauseous, some people do. I always take it on a full stomach and chug 16 oz. of water immediately. I've gotten a few more headaches than usual, nothing severe. Could be the Chantix. I don't care, I really don't think I'd be this far without the help. Smoked for around 30 years. A big nicotine addict am I... On to Day 6 and the rest of my life smoke free, Mike [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ToxinFree. I'm also a Chantix user. I found that MOST of the time if I make sure to take it AFTER a meal (i.e. on a full stomach) and with a full glass of water I'm fine. If I eat shortly after I may get a bit queasy. And occasionally even if I don't, I'll get a bit queasy, but I just tell myself it's the Chantix and it goes away pretty quick. Have you had any of the dreams yet? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 227 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $73.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$119,528.66

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6400 Hours: 19

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone! I just joined this site today. I've been a smoker for over 12 years. Started taking Chantix and thus far I'm 5 day smoke free! Chantix has really helped me, but once I started taking 2 mg a day, I started feeling very nauseous. Did this medication have the same effect on anyone else?
17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been on the 2mg a day since Weds. Up until yesterday I wasn't having any side affects other than the dreams. Last night I ended up with a really bad headache, a headache that hurts enough to upset your tummy. Then, this morning after I took it I felt the same way... I got up and ate a little more and now I am feeling better. I'm not sure if this is from the Chantix or if it is from withdrawls. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 37 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ndoughman, Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us! We remind all members to check with their doctor or pharmacist first before making changes to their medication. :) Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: