Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Hold Tight Nutmeggers!

12 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
William:

Sounds as if you have a good handle on this thing.  Many congratulations on six months plus.  I know you did not get there without traversing many a difficult hurdle.  But here you are and that is a very wonderful thing. 

Good Night Irene...I think I am going to sleep for awhile now, it seems as if we are at a lull right now.  But I imagine we have a bit more to go...

stay well

nonic
  • Quit Meter

$66,423.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1300 Hours: 17

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Irene or no Irene , I will not smoke today.

Irene is nearly upon us now. Still have power (and cable Yippee ! )

William - Free and Healing for Six Months, Three Days, 20 Hours and 27 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 22 Days and 11 Hours, by avoiding the use of 6470 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $2,933.66.

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Fellow Travelers:

Yes indeed, Irene is just about upon us...They have evacuated most of the low lying areas in NYC and along the coasts of Long Island, Staten Island and the various other places that will experience a rather large storm surge.  It does seem to be hitting at high tide, so the effect will indeed be magnified.

But I have recently read a study that said that smoking has no effect on prevailing weather patterns.  Smoking does not create sunny days and is very ineffective when it comes to warding off hurricanes.  So, for all my fellow travelers out there who, like myself, are about to meet Ms. Irene, please take heart and do not find this a reason to relax your grip on old man nicotine.  You have struggled through many situations without cigarettes.  You have no doubt waltzed with the moon on many occasions.  Well this is just one more.  And no matter what Irene brings, the only one who can bring you back to the waiting arms of the tobacco industry, is you.  

Good luck with this one...

stay well

nonic
  • Quit Meter

$66,423.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1300 Hours: 17

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm joining with the others, wishing everyone facing Irene a safe smokefree couple of days. Heck, I wish us all a safe smokefree couple of days : )
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep strong everyone!

We are here if you need us!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 I also send support and best wishes to those in the line of fire from hurricane Irene. I also agree that smoking will  not help in the face of danger! So Batton down those hatches!  Those of us watching on from afar are with you in spirit and as Pen says: You Will See It Through!   Best Wishes all!
12 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
With Irene due Sunday, new quitters and old may have a tough time outlasting the storm smoke-free.
The rest of us are right behind you and just glad it's not us! Just remember, smoking won't help!

Special thoughts for loved ones in its path. Hang tough girl, you will see it through!

Best Wishes to all and to One in particular!
Penitent x

• Quit Meter

$56,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1122 Hours: 0

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked