Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Still staying smoke free.......

14 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i'm so proud of you
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/11/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 5
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 200
Amount Saved: $120.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 12 Mins: 27 Seconds: 20

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jules,

Glad to hear that you found the encouragement helpful. You are absolutely right with your cravings. Every time you get through a craving, you becoming stronger as a non-smoker and as a person.

And Vegas, that sounds like an incredible reward! Keep up the great work Jules!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Moss, its encouragement like that, that keeps me going.,,,,,,,,,,,everytime I don't give into a craving, I feel like my quit is getting stronger and stronger, its such an amazing journey, I am so grateful to have this forum to rant, and rave. I am going to be so happy when I get to the 6 month mark,,,,,,,I am going to save up for a special reward, maybe a trip to Vegas.....Okay, thanks for you response and all the responses by all the people here who are caring, and understand just how hard it is, and how worthwhile. Jules
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/2/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 13
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 260
Amount Saved: $84.50
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 8 Mins: 2 Seconds: 39

14 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jules.....

Have been reading and relating to a lot of your words.  I was so surprised to discover just how deep that desire was.  I feel like I peeled through a lot of layers of my own psyche to learn how to live without smoking.  The rollercoaster lasted a while but the good news is that it is possible to make it through this.  Stay ready for some ups and downs and know it is only a matter of time before the dragon begins to leave you alone. 

And you already know you have a lot of good people here watching your back.  Good wishes!!!! and I just know you are going to be fine.

Moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 604
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,060
Amount Saved: $2,038.50
Life Gained:
Days: 98 Hrs: 12 Mins: 5 Seconds: 43

14 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Ashley, today was another scorcher, we are having a heat wave, here. I am grumpy, and pheening,,,,,,, but its only for the minute and then it passes.  Its so hard to believe just how deep the desire for cigs, really go, after years and years of doing the same thing over and over, it takes some getting used to.

jules - Free and Healing for Thirteen Days, 17 Hours and 31 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 22 Hours, by avoiding the use of 275 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $89.30.    And thats the truth.  No lies......... it would be so easy to smoke then tell a lie and say I didn't , but that would be defeating the purpose of writing here. If I lie to myself, then I am never going to get smober, and I am proud that I have really been smoke free for 13 days.....heck of a week.  But I am doing it.  Jules

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/2/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 12
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 240
Amount Saved: $78.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 6 Mins: 19 Seconds: 4

14 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep on writing those long posts we love to read them.

You are almost through Heck Week and going strong.  Keep it up!

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jules, glad to hear from you. What you posted reminded me of a story a former roommate used to share with me. There wasn't a whole lot to her story. Basically, she would just tell me how her brother--a much older brother--got clean from heroin and died from lung cancer. Also, I called you out yesterday. Hope you weren't offended by it. For some reason, I didn't remember having heard from you for a few days and wanted to know how you were doing.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 69
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,863
Amount Saved: $698.63
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 12 Mins: 51 Seconds: 56

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jewelyluv,

So good to hear that you have found the support hear helpful.

Thank you for sharing your words with other members here. I am sure other members here have had the same experience as you. And please do not worry about the length of your posts, many individuals here find it comforting to read the stories of others and if it helps you get through those cravings then keep writing!

Stay close to the boards and post as often as you need to, keep up the great work...you can do this!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congratulations Jules, I am proud of you for deciding not to quit on your quit..as an ex addict of drugs myself,your words make so much since..It is hard to keep letting go of everything..That is why i am giving myself plenty of time and preparing the best i can...You hang in there and know that you quit all the rest you will quit this to..stay strong and keep saying nope...

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2009
Smoke-Free Days: -21
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -420
Amount Saved: $-84.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -135879

14 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Yay Jules Hell weeks over. You're right , stubborn does it.  breather

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 239