Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,481 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA

I don't want to go!

14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goofy,

I am glad you had a good time and your right it does help when people are encouraging.  He sounds like a really good guy and a keeper for sure.

Red
14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing this with us Goofy.

It sounds like this was a good experience for you.  What did you gain from this experience? Next time how will you view a similar situation?

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I got an invitation to go to a New Year's Eve party.  Not a real party party but to spend a couple of days with the man I am seeing and some mutual friends at their house.  I woke up dizzy (again) on New Year's Eve.  My friend came to pick me up and I was already packed and ready to go from the night before.  I didn't want to go.  I was dizzy and having a pity party.  He insisted I get over feeling sorry for myself, had a serious discussion regarding this and since we were staying there and they are good friends, insisted they would understand.  I knew I wouldn't feel good and didn't feel like sitting up and didn't want to ride the 45 minutes to their house, blah blah blah.  I thought I could drive up the next day.  With his encouragement I went.  I had to lay down a bit; but I had fun despite my dizziness, navigated their house well and didn't get sympathy (which I feared would be the case) but got empathy.  I knew we were staying until Saturday and thank goodness my dizziness was only one day this time - once again!!!!!!!!  Sometimes we just need a little encouragement to overcome and a designatd driver even if we don't drink!!!!

Reading this thread: