Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Goal Setting: Exercise and Chores

10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome R44,

They sounds like great goals. Exercise is an excellent healthy lifestyle change that can make a huge impact on your mood and overall wellbeing. The tracking and pleasurable activites are essential to doing CBT effectively and I like how you planned them out so clearly. The only thing I would add is rewards. How are you going to celebrate when you reach your goals? Celebrating and rewarding yourself so that you can be present to your hardwork is a great behaviour change tool.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have taken the advice in session two to set some pleasureable and accomplishing goals over the next few weeks. I hope they can be measured and make sense.  Finding this exercise to be an eye opener.  Most of the time I don't focus on doing things for myself and I also take on too much which ends up making me feel overwhelmed and that contributes to feeling down.  Here are some goals I thought I would share ...

1) Go to the gym / exercise a minimum of 3x per week - Accomplishing Goal
-Track exercise and how this makes me feel in the mood tracker
2) Stick to writing in the Mood tracker each week for the next month - Accomplishing Goal
-Track what is making me feel down
-Look at trends for when I am feeling down
3) Do 1-2 things per week with friends / spouce that I used to enjoy - Pleasureable Goal
-Watch a movie / fav TV show with friend / spouce
-Track how this changes / impacts relationship with my spouce
-Try to fit in something new in this third goal - I used to enjoy doing new things and visiting with new people

Any thoughts on these goals for a start?  I hope they are reasonable goals!

R

Reading this thread: