Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Supplements?

5 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I started seeing a naturopath for acupuncture sessions. She has been very helpful in suggesting (and supervising) supplements for mental health support. We have also tried some homeopathic options. The medications I take for my physical ailments have changed quite frequently, and my naturopath reassesses the supplements every time, to ensure we don't run into any negative interactions or side effects. I strongly recommend consulting a naturopath for anyone who would like to try to improve their mental and emotional health through supplementation. You might get some surprisingly positive results!
7 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much for your response. I have read about magnesium too, and after clearing it with my dr I may see if it helps me. Super Girl
7 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Super Girl,

Be sure to talk to your doctor or pharmacist before adding any new supplements. I have read magnesium, b-vitamins and fish oil can be very helpful. Let us know what helps you. 
Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm a strong believer in both calcium and Vitamin D to help with depression.  In addition to depression, I suffer from fibromyalgia so I take magnesium and tumeric to help with inflammation and brain fog.  As you mentioned.... gotta check these out with your doctor to see what works for you.  Everyone is different.  It helped me to check in with my doc, but I know me better than anyone else and I had to do the research and go through trial and error before I found what works for me.  Right now, my prescription meds are Cymbalta (for depression & fibromyalgia) and a low dose of Seroquel (for anxiety & to help sleep). ~m
7 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Has anyone had any success with adding supplements to your medication regimes? I've been doing some reading about various vitamins and herbal supplements, particularly because I also am dealings with OCD and there are some things out there that could potentially help compulsive behaviors. (I know that it's important to talk to your doctor about all medications.). I know the medical community doesn't always agree that there is a benefit from "natural" remedies -- and there is certainly a lack of research in many cases. Just wondering what others have experienced - good and bad. Btw, I am on Zoloft 200 mg. Super Girl

Reading this thread: